Web Form Builder, Is it worth it? -...

User 431932 Photo

15 posts

After a few whinges on this forum I'm still wondering why I have to buy a piece of software and then pay extra so I can host my forms or change my server [ and those of my clients if they have a 'non .php server ] it simply doesn't make sense.

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

You don't HAVE TO, you know. If you want to continue using the flash version, then by all means do so. After Adobe corrected their wacky flash update it is working ok.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

paul miller wrote:
why I have to buy a piece of software and then pay extra so I can host my forms or change my server [ and those of my clients if they have a 'non .php server ] it simply doesn't make sense.

Why? Because you didn't read the features, specifications and server requirements of the new Web Form builder before you purchased it. ;)
User 500092 Photo

42 posts

I was visiting again so thought I would write a quick update:

After reading all info available & researching alternatives I decided to purchase another form builder for my newer sites that are non flash. I still use my original CC Form Builder for the time being on my older sites.

Incidentally just to clarify the fact that I was willing to spend more for a good useful product, I did spend significantly more than $39.00 but got a 30 day money back Guarantee & a product that works with my server GREAT. I am not cheap just very principled.

I have & still do use my coffee cup software especially the pix converter.

Thanks to all who tried to answer my question here.:)

Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

It is horses for courses WFB is for a quick quality form that is created without hassle and performance. There are many alternatives and purposes. If you read these posts you will see many satisfied users.

I can easily use Notepad to create a form that works well but for one that is quick to produce works every time and looks good is the reason I went with this software. I agree there are better and worse but thank goodness it is a free decision. As you brought it up I think it reasonable for you to state the version you settled on and why you chose it over WFB otherwise all you have done is given a negative post without an explanation. All here would dearly love your reply as would I.
The Guy from OZ

User 2011936 Photo

8 posts

WFB comes in HTML5, HTML5 is becomming the new web standard, read something about those specs.

CC and their programmers have a tool at hand that can outclass Appnitro, Simfatic, Infopath, Sharepoint,
And yes, I can come up with ton's of features I would like to see, Give them a chance.
I would like to do calculations on time (21:00 - 08:00) in 24 hour format, probably gonna take a while, but it will come.

Just create a sample form, export the code and start browsing the code, nice clean code, that's gonna work in ervery browser.

Loed

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.