iframe markup - Page 1 - Post ID 174490

User 460351 Photo

24 posts

I am far from expert, so I hope I'm not misunderstanding this, but as I read the W3C specifications for iframes, the attributes "scrolling" and "frameborder" are not allowed in HTML5. The new iframe method of inserting the exported code (manual server setup) uses both of these, so I don't think they will validate.

Also, imho, doesn't this kind of detract from the visibility? I actually liked having all the code right there. I understand iframes are easier for the user. Maybe we could have a choice of iframes or the old method? I know some people that hate iframes and won't use them (security issues, old habits, etc.).

Just throwing it out there. :/
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

One thing I can comment on is if you don't use an iframe, when you submit your form it will always redirect to a new page. By using an iframe, it allows you to embed your form into the page and preserve the layout.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 630441 Photo

16 posts

David,

I completely agree. I just downloaded the latest update and I am uninstalling and going back to the old style. I preferred being able to see all the code. I find it easier to customize.

Scott, is it possible to get the choice of either iframe or the actual form code?? I preferred the initial form code way.

:)
Always Remember...... Everyday Is A School Day!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Marky wrote:
David,

I completely agree. I just downloaded the latest update and I am uninstalling and going back to the old style. I preferred being able to see all the code. I find it easier to customize.

Scott, is it possible to get the choice of either iframe or the actual form code?? I preferred the initial form code way.

No, that will not be possible. We are trying very hard not to over complicate the interface by adding to many options. The next update we are releasing will adjust the iframe markup to no longer point to the .php file, but instead point to the HTML file. This will restore the functionality you are looking for.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I haven't tried it but when the upgrade is installed it gives one a choice to remove previous version,May be possible to run both 3008 and 3026.
Just a thought.

I like the simpler system. I hate it when I have to get under the bonnet. take cars for instance. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
The Guy from OZ

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Prism wrote:
I haven't tried it but when the upgrade is installed it gives one a choice to remove previous version,May be possible to run both 3008 and 3026.
Just a thought.

I like the simpler system. I hate it when I have to get under the bonnet. take cars for instance. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If you do that, as soon as you load the previous version it will log all your banking information and email that to me and then format your computer. For that reason alone, I highly suggest you don't run two versions at the same time. ;)
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
If you do that, as soon as you load the previous version it will log all your banking information and email that to me and then format your computer. For that reason alone, I highly suggest you don't run two versions at the same time. ;)

Ahhh... So that's what happened to my money :D:rolleyes:
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 129637 Photo

Ambassador
11 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Marky wrote:
David,

No, that will not be possible. We are trying very hard not to over complicate the interface by adding to many options. The next update we are releasing will adjust the iframe markup to no longer point to the .php file, but instead point to the HTML file. This will restore the functionality you are looking for.

The iframe method is not a good option for me...error messages push the form past the frame causing parts of the form to not be visible to the user. Yes, I can adjust the iframe height, but then you are dealing with big gaps under the form...not pleasant to the eye.

Possible solution below...not sure ??

I was able to copy all of the files into the same folder as the html page where the form will be embedded onto resides...not sure if that made sense :p

I then added the appropriate script and css in the head tags using the new paths

I then tested the form and it worked :) ...that is as long as the form is redirected to a URL

I really hate to go this route as there are likely to be changes to the script down the road that will screw this method up.

I think you guys are onto a good thing here, but not being able to use anything effectively besides iframes is a big oversight .... for guys like me anyways ;)

I sure hope you can see this as an option in the near future....did I say pretty please ??
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

You are not required to use the iframe markup if you don't want to. You have all the files already exported to your server. Just look at the html file that is referenced in the iframe and look at the source of that page. Just copy everything from <form> </form> into your page.

How easy is that! :)
User 129637 Photo

Ambassador
11 posts

Yes, sounds easy....but .....

If you just do that and hit the submit button, it redirects to the .php page created by the script.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.