Google's New reCAPTCHA! - Page 4 -...

User 2460985 Photo

8 posts

Halfnium wrote:
Brian's suggestion does not actually implement reCAPTCHA. However, it rather cleverly simulates it with a psychological trick that might be just fine for many applications, IMHO.

Psychological trick? We are trying to weed out robots, there is zero psychology needed. Having a required checkbox will stop only the most basic bots, if at all.

Keith W Jones wrote:
I like Scott's suggestion.

The other way is to add a simple maths sum such as 2 x 2. This was posted years ago.

The simple math has been defeated for years, it doesn't take much for a robot to learn to look for math equations and solve them.

These suggestions might be ok for a low-traffic contact form, but are not much use on anything with more than a couple hundred visitors a month.

So far with what CoffeeCup has provided us, the best method I've found is to use a combination of a required checkbox with the I'm not a robot option, that then unhides via display rules a regex field that only accepts a certain word, with a hint to the user containing the word to be typed in.
User 236055 Photo

51 posts

In addition to validate form user I also set up a element rule which meant that unless the "I'm not a robot" box is ticked the submit button is hidden. Goes a far way to ensure the form submission is at least a real person. Hope this helps a little

Attachments:
Web Developer UK
User 2782936 Photo

5 posts

+1 for reCaptcha v2.
User 2210289 Photo

25 posts

reCAPTCHA IS THERE!

I first looked for the reCAPTCHA in this thread on 7/1/2015 and always hoped this would be implemented. The forms are great -- I just wanted one more piece. And you've done it. I purchased, downloaded and installed the new version.

THANK YOU.

- Mike
User 2676184 Photo

3 posts

is there a step by step video tutorial on how to add "I’m not a robot." captcha on WF?
Thank you
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Patricio Alban wrote:
is there a step by step video tutorial on how to add "I’m not a robot." captcha on WF?
Thank you

Step 1: Enable it.
Step 2: You are done. ;)

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … m-builder/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2388388 Photo

129 posts

@Scott Swedorski, You say enable it and you're done. I recently DL'd the latest version under my acct and selected the "I am not a robot" radio button on Google's Captcha setup page for creating keys and used those keys but Im still showing v1

Help Plz,
Stuart
User 2388388 Photo

129 posts

Here's the only Captcha options I see in Coffee Cup; I fumbled around with the img tag but dont know how to make img appear in post. Plz correct this if so desired

Attachments:
User 2460985 Photo

8 posts

Well, they say enable and you're done, but if you are using your original license, you will have to buy it again. It's a paid upgrade to get the latest version with the I am not a Robot captcha. The version should be 2.9-5509.

If you are on the latest version, the Captcha tab will look like this. With the additional Type options:
https://i.imgur.com/6R96Jlt.png
User 283347 Photo

388 posts

are you using version 2.9 5509? (on PC...not sure what it might be for Mac)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.