Form Processing - Page 7 - Post ID...

User 588731 Photo

3 posts

I'm disappointed in this new web form builder 1.0. I had the classic version but upgraded to this one because of the html support, I was tired of building a flash only form, but did not realized Coffee Cup has made it harder to use your own servers and have it send the results to an email. But its really easy if you want to pay for their service. Coffee Cup, fix this asap.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Matthew,

What exactly is the problem when you're trying to export the form for your own server? If you're using the Lite version, then that would only be good for S-Drive, but the Full version has full export capabilities to put the code on your own server and it's not much more difficult than the Flash version was at all.

If you can be more explanatory on what your issues are maybe we can help you get it worked out :)
User 588731 Photo

3 posts

I have an open ticket on this too but maybe you can help. I originally had the classic verison of the web form builder. Loved it minus that is was flashed based. I saw the new web for builder today, read the specs and it seems to be a much improved version of the old one so I downloaded it. Mainly because it made forms visible on iphones/ipads/etc. I do not want to use s-drive mainly because my server supposts php, and I have loaded the form successfully onto a website of mine, but what I am having a problem with is the email. I seem to not understand the setting up of stmp, if thats what I need to do, to allow for notification and results to be emailed to the address I set up in the program. I build websites and use forms for clients of mine in which they want results emailed so I can't have them logging into a s-drive account. I believe once I can help some help one time I can figure it out for the rest of my sites. I currently took the form off my site till I can figure this issue out. I have ben reading a forum on verifiying the stmp settings in the user.cfg.php file but I dont know what I am doing with that
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Matthew Brooks wrote:
I have an open ticket on this too but maybe you can help. I originally had the classic verison of the web form builder. Loved it minus that is was flashed based. I saw the new web for builder today, read the specs and it seems to be a much improved version of the old one so I downloaded it. Mainly because it made forms visible on iphones/ipads/etc. I do not want to use s-drive mainly because my server supposts php, and I have loaded the form successfully onto a website of mine, but what I am having a problem with is the email. I seem to not understand the setting up of stmp, if thats what I need to do, to allow for notification and results to be emailed to the address I set up in the program. I build websites and use forms for clients of mine in which they want results emailed so I can't have them logging into a s-drive account. I believe once I can help some help one time I can figure it out for the rest of my sites. I currently took the form off my site till I can figure this issue out. I have ben reading a forum on verifiying the stmp settings in the user.cfg.php file but I dont know what I am doing with that

If you need to setup custom SMTP options, we have instructions here at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … m-builder/

This information you would need to obtain from your hosting provider but the same information you added to the Classic version should work.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 588731 Photo

3 posts

Do I only change the info within the ' ' ? I'm just having a hard time understanding that article about what to change or add for my info and what to leave out. I believe I have the info needed to insert. Once I get this one down I believe I could do all my other forms.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Matthew Brooks wrote:
Do I only change the info within the ' ' ? I'm just having a hard time understanding that article about what to change or add for my info and what to leave out. I believe I have the info needed to insert. Once I get this one down I believe I could do all my other forms.

Correct.

$user_config['mailer']['service'] = 'localhost';

Change localhost to smtp if that is required by your hosting provider. You would repeat for each variable on the form. This entire setup is pretty much unique for every hosting provider, so you should consult with them on the correct settings if you are unsure.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Looks like Scott has this under his wing here so good luck on it Matthew, I'm sure once you get the hang of it you'll be fine. I do realize it's definitely not quite as easy as the Flash builder was, but it's soooo much better in the long run than the Flash one was, a lot more features and more on the way so hang in there :)
User 39859 Photo

62 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Brenda Rossini wrote:
Just checked with my server admin, and we do indeed have php 5 installed. In fact, it's 5.1.6.

They may have it installed, but that is not what you are using. Trust me on this on Brenda. ;)

Just go to the links I sent you and that PROVES you are not using PHP5 on your server.

After doing some further research, I definitely have PHP 5.1.6 installed on my server. However, I don't have PHP 5.2 installed, and that's where the problem comes in for me. When I try to run my forms, I get the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in /var/www/html/contractorsnmore.com/web_forms/volunteer_form/volunteer_form/fbapp/php/formpage.cls.php on line 109, referer: http://www.advancedcleaningkc.com/web_f … _form.html

Offending line of code in formpage.cls.php

$this->config = json_decode( substr( $txt, strpos( $txt, "{" ) ), true );

I checked on upgrading PHP, but I would have to upgrade to a new version of linux to do that. So, maybe you guys could consider supporting those of us who don't have the latest and greatest of everything?

Thanks.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

PHP 5.3.9 is actually the latest and greatest. PHP 5.2 came out in 2006! :)
User 39859 Photo

62 posts

OK. So, I guess not. Sigh. Wish there were some wiggle room there for those of us who don't want to use S-Drive. So, unfortunately, after having big hopes for the new form builder, I will have to look elsewhere.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.