Form Processing - Page 2 - Post ID...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

There is no plans to bring back ASP support. What we can do in 10 lines of PHP code, it takes double for ASP. Our software for ASP was our S-Drive service.

PHP can also still be installed on a Windows server. Contact your hosting provider and see if they can install it for you.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2300512 Photo

10 posts

Re Jo: I Just phone them, they're not willing to do so, unless I change my web hosting plan. I don't prefer to alter it, cause my client has subscribe them for 2 years contract. By the way, I'm not quite familiar with PHP script, so I don't want to mess with it.

Re Phil: Saw that, not interested in that, actually useless for me, cause I'm on four projects for four different companies and I don't think they're willing to pay that extra. If I'm on a single project, I may try it.

User 2300512 Photo

10 posts

So, not providing ASP support in the new software is actually part of the plan to get people to pay monthly to use S-Drive??? :(
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Pun Shek Jack So wrote:
So, not providing ASP support in the new software is actually part of the plan to get people to pay monthly to use S-Drive??? :(

No, we simply did not want to take the time to write the code to make it work with ASP. PHP is just far easier and the majority of our customers were all using that.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2300512 Photo

10 posts

Ok then, there's no way out, I've got to stick with the old one which I got it for free.

Actually, the idea and the design is good, and I appreciated it very much and so I decided to buy it, but it turns out many distinctive functions of the new software had gone, so it really makes me regret of paying for such a software.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Pun Shek Jack So wrote:
Ok then, there's no way out, I've got to stick with the old one which I got it for free.

Actually, the idea and the design is good, and I appreciated it very much and so I decided to buy it, but it turns out many distinctive functions of the new software had gone, so it really makes me regret of paying for such a software.

Which functions are gone ?
User 2300512 Photo

10 posts

Functions like offering the user to choose from PHP or ASP for the form processing & areas to enter SMTP login details, ports, credentials. These are things that other similar softwares don't offers, especially support for ASP, which there're many similar softwares only for PHP (Is Web Form Builder going to become one of them???)
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Pun Shek Jack So wrote:
Functions like offering the user to choose from PHP or ASP for the form processing & areas to enter SMTP login details, ports, credentials. These are things that other similar softwares don't offers, especially support for ASP, which there're many similar softwares only for PHP (Is Web Form Builder going to become one of them???)

Those are all features that are specially needed for ASP form processing. Since we are using PHP only, they are not needed.

There are no plans to include any ASP scripting in Web Form Builder at this time.
User 431932 Photo

15 posts

I'm afraid I have to take the side of Pun Shek Jack So
I now have a form finally working [ albeit no submit button shows ] hosted on SDrive, however as I plan to use the software for other clients I now have to either change their websites to a .php server or arrange a monthly fee to be paid.

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … uilder/???
written after the software was advertised and purchased, yes I do still have the original emails!

Our software for ASP was our S-Drive service. so writing a whole new SDrive service was easier than 20 lines of code???
hhmmmmm

Not exactly what I had planned when I bought the software.
Thumbs down so far unless some one can convince me otherwise.

Failing that I shall consider asking for a refund because I'm not convinced at all about the authenticity of the claims made for this misleading 'out of the box' software.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

paul miller wrote:
I'm afraid I have to take the side of Pun Shek Jack So
I now have a form finally working [ albeit no submit button shows ] hosted on SDrive, however as I plan to use the software for other clients I now have to either change their websites to a .php server or arrange a monthly fee to be paid.

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … uilder/???
written after the software was advertised and purchased, yes I do still have the original emails!

Our software for ASP was our S-Drive service. so writing a whole new SDrive service was easier than 20 lines of code???
hhmmmmm

Not exactly what I had planned when I bought the software.
Thumbs down so far unless some one can convince me otherwise.

Failing that I shall consider asking for a refund because I'm not convinced at all about the authenticity of the claims made for this misleading 'out of the box' software.

When we announced the new Web Form Builder, there was a comparison chart between the HTML version and Flash Version. On that chart it showed that there was NO ASP support.

You can see this chart here at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … m-builder/

So there were no false claims at all. It is listed pretty clearly. ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.