Form Builder Full - Page 1 - Post ID...

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I downloaded and installed WB full just released. Loaded a form and when I selected publish in the program to use my server I got the message that if I want to publish on my own server buy the full version - what gives

I thought the full version was part of the mega deal I paid for. Apparently not according to the message

The build is 2952 Supposed to be Web Builder Full
The Guy from OZ

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Ok that message threw me. should be removed on full version. Persevered!. I am a guy when told I must not put my finger in a light socket I wonder why. I did something foreign to me I read the manual and found file export.
So other than the disbelief I should see such a notice. I would like it to say in the full version if you want to publish to your own server go to file export or better still add a button to take you there. Why be told you should buy the full version

Phew! Worried there for a moment was I. But moving on about to load up my new site with the wonderful forms, Logos,Themes and do da's this mega pack finally gave me. Mental note to self don't read the message ain't true.
Terry
The Guy from OZ

User 530045 Photo

Ambassador
26 posts

Thought exactly the same myself, will be checking out the export function asap.
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I seem to have a problem in as far as the submit button is much lower that the entry fields. In the preview I have it right underneath the last entry field. I am not using cc HTML editor or VSD. The form displays ok in a web page. I reduced the footer to 3pix but in the html editor I use it is at least actually 35mm below and I cannot seem to bring it up with the controls and settings.

Otherwise all seems ok.

This is the result

Entry 1

Entry 2
submit >> This is the position by the controls and adjustments

I cannot reduce this gap

Submit the position it finishes up
As I said in the preview the submit button is just below the last entry box.
The Guy from OZ

User 2286642 Photo

6 posts

I have installed WFB full version which is just released and with regret I am not finding it to be regarded as a compatible Unicode software. It lacks the fundumental definations of Unicode compatibility, which is baddly giving the impression of having the old version with a differet user interface. I am looking forward to see the implications of rtl languages solved in the new updates.

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts
Online Now

flash wrote:
I have installed WFB full version which is just released and with regret I am not finding it to be regarded as a compatible Unicode software. It lacks the fundumental definations of Unicode compatibility, which is baddly giving the impression of having the old version with a differet user interface. I am looking forward to see the implications of rtl languages solved in the new updates.

What did he say?
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

To test my problem I used the CC html editor 2010 se I get the same result as I do using the Blue Voda web builder the submit button 30cm below the last input box. However the same form in preview and on S_Drive does have the submit close under the last input box.

So there seems to be a problem between using the info in a html editor any make. The submit button can not be brought close underneath the last entry box but sits at least 30 cm below and cannot be adjusted up. I have a value of 5 for the footer height.

Perfect for preview and S-Drive no good for CC HTML Editor or two others I have now trialed. I really am hoping I do not have to tweak the html each time I make a form.
The Guy from OZ

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

flash wrote:

What is exactly not working here? You should be able to work with any language. If you could open a support ticket and send me your .fb file and point out the issue, I am sure we can sove it.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I have found a workaround, I edited the minimum height setting that brought the submit button up. and as either of my two main editors could not find the css file address given "Form/etc" in their preview system. This applied to CC html editor as well.This may be corrected when uploaded to my public_html area. Haven't tried that yet.
But to my delight I used one of the backgrounds I created in WebImageStudio and decided to stick with an invisible theme.

Funny enough the created "form.html" in the Form export folder comes out good have to look at the created html to see why. Still I can now knock a form into shape. I will tweak the html if I have to.

For simple forms I will still use the classic version that has always produced the goods for me. Ahh! now with WIS I am really set.

Think the problem is how the browsers I am using interpret the address of the images and css file given what is created on export.

My overall impression with this program is favorable I plan to download a trial of VSD and see if the preview works ok in that program.

I like to see how a page works before uploading to not confuse my visitors
The Guy from OZ

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

OK found the solution. I read the instructions wrong. When it said upload the folder to the server I took it to be the folder and all in it
Like so
C:\Forms--
- MyForm- I uploaded this folder
- Myform should have only uploaded this folder and contents
Myform.php

So! all good, I will take the blame couldn't be CC---- Could It ?

Anyway my submit button is where it should be, themes work, Backgrounds stick where put. What else can I complain about.

All due to sitting back with a glass of good ole Aussie Red. Solve any problem with that inside you.
I bet this catches a few drips like me out. A bit different to Eric I can see what I am hearing
The Guy from OZ

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.