Empty Email Message - Page 1 - Post...

User 249786 Photo

9 posts

Hello Again

I am trying to send the form data to an email address. When the completed form is submitted, the email message is received correctly, but the email message is blank -- no data. What am I doing wrong?
Nick
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Hope to catch you while you're still online, to help speed things up a bit.

Can you provide a link to the form in question?
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 249786 Photo

9 posts

Phil

You bet. Here's the link:

http://petersmedia.com/tolchiro/contact.html

Thanks.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Visually the form looks fine. Did you mess with the HTML under Settings > Email Notices > Configure email message? It looks like you may have removed [form_results] from the markup.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 249786 Photo

9 posts

Scott

Here is the code from the Custom Notification box:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html dir="ltr" lang="en">
<head>
<title>Web Form Inquiry<title>
</head>
<body>
<p>To: Dr. Chad Adams</p>
<p>From: Webmaster</p>
<p><b>A visitor to your website filled out the Contact Form:</b></p>
[name][email][address1][address2][city][state][postal][option][phone][form_results]
</body>
</html>
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Nick wrote:
Scott

Here is the code from the Custom Notification box:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Web Form Inquiry<title>
</head>
<body>
<p>To: Dr. Chad Adams</p>
<p>From: Webmaster</p>
<p><b>A visitor to your website filled out the Contact Form:</b></p>
[name][email][address1][address2][city][state][postal][option][phone][form_results]
</body>
</html>

I would suggest opening a support ticket and send us your .fb file.

Also, FYI "[name][email][address1][address2][city][state][postal][option][phone][form_results]" You are basically inserting all the form data twice. You should remove [form_results] as you have the items already individually listed.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 249786 Photo

9 posts

Thanks for the advice. I will send the file via a support ticket.

Nick
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Just an update on this. The problem was the HTML markup was invalid in the Configure email messages dialog. Once I corrected the markup, it worked.

So no bug there. ;)
User 2304277 Photo

16 posts

Hi Scott

I have the same problem. Here's the HTML (I have tried both options):

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head><title>Register to Lend Request<title>
</head>
<body style="background-color: #f9f9f9; padding-left: 10px; padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 10px; max-width: 700px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial;">
<style type="text/css">
body {background-color: #f9f9f9;padding-left: 10px;padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 20px;max-width:700px;font-family: Helvetica, Arial;}
p{font-size: 12px; color: #666666;}
h1{font-size: 16px !important;color: #666666 !important;margin:0px;}
h2{font-size: 14px !important;color: #666666 ! important;margin: 0px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #00A2FF; padding-bottom:3px;}
td {font-size: 12px !important; line-height: 30px;color: #666666 !important; margin: 0px;border-bottom: 1px solid #e9e9e9;}
td:first-child {font-size: 13px !important; font-weight:bold; color: #333 !important; vertical-align:text-top; min-width:100px; padding-right:5px;}
a:link {color:#666666; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited {color:#666666; text-decoration:none;} a:hover {color:#00A2FF;}
b{font-weight: bold;}
</style>
<strong>REGISTER TO LEND FORM </strong>
<p style="font-size: 12px; color: #666666;">The following was received from register to lend on the web site:</p>
<div>
<p>[form_results]</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head><title>Register to Lend Request<title>
</head>
<body style="background-color: #f9f9f9; padding-left: 10px; padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 10px; max-width: 700px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial;">
<style type="text/css">
body {background-color: #f9f9f9;padding-left: 10px;padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 20px;max-width:700px;font-family: Helvetica, Arial;}
h2{font-size: 14px !important;color: #666666 ! important;margin: 0px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #00A2FF; padding-bottom:3px;}
td {font-size: 12px !important; line-height: 30px;color: #666666 !important; margin: 0px;border-bottom: 1px solid #e9e9e9;}
td:first-child {font-size: 13px !important; font-weight:bold; color: #333 !important; vertical-align:text-top; min-width:100px; padding-right:5px;}
a:link {color:#666666; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited {color:#666666; text-decoration:none;} a:hover {color:#00A2FF;}
</style>
<p style="font-size: 12px; color: #666666;">The following was received from register to lend on the web site:</p>
<div>
<p><strong>Name:</strong> [name]</p>
<p><strong>City:</strong> [city]</p>
<p><strong>State:</strong> [state]</p>
<p><strong>Country:</strong> [country]</p>
<p><strong>Phone:</strong> [phone]</p>
<p><strong>Email:</strong> [emailaddress]</p>
<p><strong>Investment Range:</strong></p>
<p>From: [investfrom] to [investto]</p>
<p><strong>Seeking a return of:</strong></p>
<p>from: [interestfrom] to [interestto]</p>
<p><strong>Profile:</strong></p>
<p>[profile]</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Any ideas?
Internet Marketing services for Australia Business.
http://www.webwings.com.au/
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Try this.

<!DOCTYPE html>

<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>Register to Lend Request</title>
<style type="text/css">
</style>
</head>

<div>
<p>[form_results]</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

or this.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Register to Lend Request</title>
<style type="text/css">
</style>
</head>

<div>
<p><strong>Name:</strong> [name]</p>
<p><strong>City:</strong> [city]</p>
<p><strong>State:</strong> [state]</p>
<p><strong>Country:</strong> [country]</p>
<p><strong>Phone:</strong> [phone]</p>
<p><strong>Email:</strong> [emailaddress]</p>
<p><strong>Investment Range:</strong></p>
<p>From: [investfrom] to [investto]</p>
<p><strong>Seeking a return of:</strong></p>
<p>from: [interestfrom] to [interestto]</p>
<p><strong>Profile:</strong></p>
<p>[profile]</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.