Web Editor for Mac - Post ID 274414

User 2614236 Photo

92 posts

Was working on a project the other day and I wanted to use border radius. This doesn't seem to be an option in the Mac Web Editor. Is this a case? If so when is the mac web editor being upgraded or is it the same as usual. Windows comes first.
Tony Walker
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Eventually the Web Editor may get an update. It has nothing to do with "Windows first" though. We just only have so many things we can accomplish at once. We also just released 3 programs which all had OS X versions (Responsive Layout Maker, Responsive Email Designer and Responsive Site Designer). That is no small thing!

This post was made in the HTML Editor forum. It should have been made in the Web Editor forum. We like to keep things organized! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2614236 Photo

92 posts

My apologies regarding area of post. Must have been looking through some Windows at the time:P
Tony Walker
User 2614236 Photo

92 posts

Not Windows first and yet html editor for Windows has been updated again and Mac users are left with a two year old product. Come on its time to upgrade the Mac version or you are going to start losing customers
Tony Walker
User 2120397 Photo

90 posts

It's been a while since 8 November 2013 when the latest version of Web Editor was released. Sometimes I think the developers at Coffee Cup have too many balls in the air. Do not forget where it all started. The continued development of Web Editor's should be a priority. As it is now it is only one of many other apps and it seems that the priority is low.
http://wilford.no
I may be a little grumpy in the morning, that is, before my first cup of coffee ;)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Wilford wrote:
It's been a while since 8 November 2013 when the latest version of Web Editor was released. Sometimes I think the developers at Coffee Cup have too many balls in the air. Do not forget where it all started. The continued development of Web Editor's should be a priority. As it is now it is only one of many other apps and it seems that the priority is low.

Right now we have no future plans to update the Web Editor. Responsive Site Designer or Responsive Layout Maker are more or less the replacement. The Web Editor was/is a great program, but we are putting all efforts into applications that are being built on responsive web design.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 464988 Photo

1 post

Ordered and installed this product today. I was a happy customer of yours for many years while I used Windows.

The app opens for a second then closes with an error report:
Last login: Sat Feb 6 17:31:03 on console
Victors-MacBook-Air:~ victorspencer$ /Applications/Web\ Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/Web\ Editor ; exit;
Segmentation fault: 11
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

I reinstalled it twice and started it about 12 times, with the same result.
I would like to get a refund please, unless you have a solution.

Thanks and best regards,

Vic Spencer
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Sorry you had those problems Victor. If you can open a support ticket, we will do our best to get things sorted out for ya.
User 112491 Photo

8 posts

I admit I have not been here for some time. I noticed most (actually only 2 left appearing) my purchases are gone. I came over here to see if there is an HTML editor for MAC yet. I can't find it, if exists. You know, you are way behind the times if you are still focusing on only windows users. Anyway, thought I'd give a shout out but now will go look else where for a simple html editor for mac user.
Valerie Underhill
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

valerie wrote:
I admit I have not been here for some time. I noticed most (actually only 2 left appearing) my purchases are gone. I came over here to see if there is an HTML editor for MAC yet. I can't find it, if exists. You know, you are way behind the times if you are still focusing on only windows users. Anyway, thought I'd give a shout out but now will go look else where for a simple html editor for mac user.

We do have one. ;)

http://www.coffeecup.com/osx/web-editor

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.