Feature Requests and Suggestions - Page 12 - Post ID 277090

106 posts

Right now, what I miss the most is being able to see 2 source files side by side.

I have to use the software I was using before to do that...

Gilles C.

1 post

I wholeheartedly agree with GTech on this one. I love the Web editor but hate the fact that I can't edit two PHP files side by side.

I am forever having to flip between a main PHP page and an include file on the right hand window. The only way I can get side by side editting at the moment is by renaming one to .html and losing the PHP syntax checks, and then rename back every time I want to preview live.

The same problem arises if you want to edit a PHP page and CSS file at the same time. They are both forced to used the right hand window.

Simon.

2 posts

I so hope no one had already asked this or the functionality is there and I overlooked it. I swear I searched the forum before asking :). I just purchased my first MacBook Pro and decided to try CC's product for web development/maintenance. I maintain many windows based websites via Dreamweaver, and on occasion will update something via an offsite computer. I noticed with WE I can download these files from the server for the initial project setup, but I can't find a way to import/download a single file afterwards. I need the ability to add/refresh one or more project files from the server, not a local file/folder.

68 posts

It would be nice if the Web Editor could remember my settings regarding editor windows. I turn of editor window 2. When I restart both editor windows comes up anyway.

And a toolbar for formatting text, strong - bold - and so on. Maybe also with elements from CSS.

And search and replace for a block of text in more than one file.
http://wilford.no
I may be a little grumpy in the morning, that is, before my first cup of coffee ;)

2 posts

Feature request:

Ability to display svg files/images in Browser and Edit mode. At moment just get a question mark. Location correct as tested with alternative such logo.png which displays, but logo.svg will not.

Technical Guru
3,293 posts

Andrew Heron wrote:
Feature request:

Ability to display svg files/images in Browser and Edit mode. At moment just get a question mark. Location correct as tested with alternative such logo.png which displays, but logo.svg will not.

This should be available in the next update. :)

14 posts

1. Built-in FTP Manager
2. Built-in MySQL Editor (like in Coda 2)
3. Colour Picker tool

14 posts

I have just seen a very minor but useful feature in an online html editor where you can hover over a colour in your html or css and it pops up with a little preview of that colour.
I think that would be very useful in Web Editor.

Technical Guru
3,293 posts

Wilhelm wrote:
1. Built-in FTP Manager

It already has Built in FTP. :P

14 posts

Another suggestion I thought of lol, is maybe to have the Bower package manager (www.bower.io) built-in.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.