I just looked into the software and found some things which might be interesting to see in the web editor ptoduct:
- syntax check
- insert HTML entities like " "
- format options (upper, lower, …)
- right click context menu in the edit window missing (eg. copy, paste, check syntax, insert, …)
- connect to a server (upload project)
i tried the web editor the first time yesterday.
the split view is very cool. please build it for the HTML Editor and put
the insert elements like table, picture... into the web editor.
If it's not there, I'd be grateful if it is added.
Thanks for the new OS version. You asked for comments so I'll share a few first impressions with the editor.
- Install was clean for all three applications. No issues loading on our iMac or Macbook Pro platforms running 10.6.8.
- Referenced a webpage we developed with the Win version of Coffee Cup. Pages and references appear to be loading without issue.
- Granted I've only worked with the system a short time, but there are some gaps or initial disappointments after having used the Windows version for a number of years. I know it's a completely different tool and in Beta, but I was hoping for more similarities.
Relative to the Windows editor;
1. I know you have the FTP tool, but for updating our web pages, we used the built-in upload utility almost exclusively. It was extremely convenient to hit the button and push the files up without going into another application.
2. Like Adrian, I miss the graphics insert tool, or any insert tool (graphics, table, link, etc.) for that matter. It would be great to have a helper like the 'Insert link', Insert target', etc features that are included in the "Tags, Snippets, & Helpers". We also used the thumbnail feature quite a bit.
I'll be running some edits and creating a few pages in the Windows version tomorrow, so I'll try more 1:1 comparisons.
I also found it strange that when you open the "Open Files" window, the only way to close it is to go back to View > Open Files or remember the shortcut. It would be convenient to have the Red/Yellow/Green icons like in the editor window and Tags windows.
In a project, every task can only be one of these status "unfinished" , " done" or "repeating" (like regular services). There is not really other options available.
In the Stream you could have these tree levels. Once you submit data from Form to Stream you have all organised and everyone in the team knows what is going on with the project.
The team will get order as unfinished task. It will show up as long it has changed status to "done", but it is still available in as diary if needed.
Here are some basic ideas of simlpe way conducting a project. If you are interested this kind of ideas I will tell you all my secrets.
Needs a right click cut and paste capability. Needs a "replace all" choice in paste menu.
An auto-indent command to reformat the complete document wit correct indentation.
Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.