New to Web Design - Post ID 277167

User 2894850 Photo

1 post

Hi,
Can you Please tell me which platform you have used to build website? If it is on Wordpress then you can choose ant theme and install it. This is a quick way to build your website.
User 2907565 Photo

1 post

Its depend on the program (HTML editor or the Visual Site Designer) are you using to build your site?

I agree with Cliff Main that It's a good idea to stay away from frames unless there is no other option. Frames are difficult for search engines and can even lower your ranking. People can set up their browsers not to even display frames and they would only get one part of your website. Be careful when using frames.
User 2910495 Photo

2 posts

HTML frames might lower your ranking, so it is best to avoid using it. Use a frame that applies JavaScript or HTML.
User 2910560 Photo

2 posts

The good thing about using frames is that it grants the user to see multiple documents in a single web page and it can also minimize server load but a disadvantage would be frames can make the production of a website difficult.
User 2912629 Photo

5 posts

Hi Big Si, good to know about your first accomplishment on creating a website. I was also started learning web design when you first posted here. Its been a while and long journey but now i am pretty confident in my web development skills. Coding comes easy for me as always but i also faced difficulty on frames. Graphic designing is another thing in which i still struggle. In the beginning I have to ask for help from other professionals to complete my website. I remembered a website which do most of the affiliate web designing (spam link deleted) bespoke for me when i started out. Anyhow things have changed and now i can design any website on my own. What about you? Web designing is not difficult when you know what you are doing. About frames, there was a time when it was essential to have knowledge of frame design but now there are better alternatives to this technique. Frames have there uses that i can admit but applying them correctly in your web design is very difficult. i really enjoy my work as a web designer so I try to bypass these difficulties with better and easy solution.
User 2913980 Photo

7 posts

Big Si wrote:
my first 3 page web site this afternoon

Very nice :)

Is there any chance we could get a link to the site or screenshots?

Just out of curiosity really :P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.