Suggestions for CoffeeCup Sitemapper...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We want your ideas, suggestions, and comments about CoffeeCup Google Sitemapper . So tell us: How can we make the software even better? Remember, our products are here for you guys, so we want to make them the very best we can :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1888406 Photo

1 post

Move Items up or down in priority. Customized the way the items appear in the XML file using a GUI tool.
User 1991419 Photo

19 posts

Add an option to have the program obey the robots.txt file.
User 147570 Photo

24 posts

tell us explicitly if the required files sm . . . are copied to the local directory
justin Gobel
User 1991419 Photo

19 posts

How about adding a 'Check for updates' button? Maybe that should be standard for all of your software(?).

Can you tell us about when we can expect the update?
User 1991419 Photo

19 posts

In addition to an option to have the program obey the robots.txt file when performing its scans, maybe it needs two 'ignore lists' - one to ignore during scanning, and then an additional sub-list to ignore for output.

Before I changed my .htaccess file to prevent it, Sitemapper wouldn't even complete a scan if I let it run overnight because it was scanning through tons of flash information and repetitive blog content, like categories and date sorting, which duplicated original content and which I didn't want in the output anyway. It was wasting its time and mine, and to have Sitemapper run for a day on a little site like mine doesn't make sense.

My site: http://bit.ly/Glfmd
User 1991419 Photo

19 posts

Since the program isn't working correctly for me and is listing items in the output that it's supposed to be ignoring (I submitted info about this problem in my personal support forum), I'm not using it. I would like some idea of when we can expect an update. I'm not asking for a date or deadline so we can bug you about it, just some idea of when this update can be expected, like by the end of this year, probably by February, by next summer, by the end of next year, or you're not really working on it.

I realize that 90% of the programming gets done in 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the orther 90% of the time, and therefore completion dates are usually not a good idea. But I need some general idea of what's going on so that I can decide if I should just abandon this program and call it a write-off and look elsewhere to buy another sitemapper program, or hang in there and wait for an update. So please, how about a hint?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Edward Kinnally wrote:
Since the program isn't working correctly for me and is listing items in the output that it's supposed to be ignoring (I submitted info about this problem in my personal support forum), I'm not using it. I would like some idea of when we can expect an update. I'm not asking for a date or deadline so we can bug you about it, just some idea of when this update can be expected, like by the end of this year, probably by February, by next summer, by the end of next year, or you're not really working on it.

I realize that 90% of the programming gets done in 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the orther 90% of the time, and therefore completion dates are usually not a good idea. But I need some general idea of what's going on so that I can decide if I should just abandon this program and call it a write-off and look elsewhere to buy another sitemapper program, or hang in there and wait for an update. So please, how about a hint?

SiteMapper is actually being updated right now and will be a complete redesign. I would say expect something by the end of the year or before Christmas time.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1991419 Photo

19 posts

Thanks for the quick response. I'll wait for the update.
User 1991419 Photo

19 posts

Is Sitemapper not following the .htaccess directions? I have a few permanent 301 redirects, but sitemapper is listing the original page as if it's viewable to browsers.

I didn't remove the pages from the site because I wanted to keep the content for myself, but I don't want browsers viewing them.

How about an option to have sitemapper follow the .htaccess rules, or certain rules within the file?

We should be able to set up sitemapper once, have it follow the rules we want it to follow, put it on automatic refresh, and forget about it as we go about making changes to our websites.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.