Suggestions for CoffeeCup Sitemapper...

User 56164 Photo

1 post

As a webmaster and designer of many new projects, I find the list of pages generated from a site really useful for other things (besides generating a sitemap). Could you possibly add the ability to print out the list that is generated? I realize I can print the sitemap but it doesn't have the file names, just the titles. Thanks!
User 372606 Photo

8 posts

How adding an ability to output the report to another file type like, to a .TXT file the complete report rather than just the XML data for submission.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Cheryl Rafshoon wrote:
How adding an ability to output the report to another file type like, to a .TXT file the complete report rather than just the XML data for submission.

What purpose would the TXT file have? Can you tell me how you would be using the .TXT file? The XML file is created because that is what search engines need to parse your sitemap.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

Yahoo and other smaller SE's used to recognise a urllist.txt file but you can submit an xml file to all the big ones now. It's strange why a lot of the sitemap tools still offer the txt file, a bit pointless nowadays.

You can even create xml files which include pages, images and videos to submit to Google now.
Jim
---------------------------
User 1977087 Photo

2 posts

I would like to see you add images from within the site.
Google now includes images in their site maps.
I am talking about image content that is on the pages that are included in the site map.
Here is the link to the Google page on this.

http://www.google.com/support/webmaster … wer=178636

Keep up the great work.
User 227901 Photo

1 post

How bout 64 bit support?
I can't run Sitemapper on my latest ride running windows 7
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Peter,

Have you tried setting the Compatibility to Run as Administrator? If not, give that a shot as that usually is what fixes issues with 64 bit and windows 7.

If you're not sure how to do this then just go to the location of the shortcut that runs the program (any program you may have issues with really).
Right click the shortcut, go to Properties at the bottom of that menu that opens.
In properties go to the Compatibility tab.
At the very bottom of that tab is a check box for Run as Administrator. Check that box and close the properties window and try running it again and let us know if that fixes it :)

This is a windows Vista/7 and 64 bit issue that some people have and some don't, and it's not something wrong with CC products, it's an idiosyncrasy of Windows that they added to Vista and 7 which just causes problems for people running software. Nothing more you can do but what is suggested above. Nothing that CC can/will need to fix, just do the above and you should be fine.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Fuzzy Slippers wrote:
it's an idiosyncrasy of Windows that they added to Vista and 7 which just causes problems for people running software.

Windows is an idiosyncrasy :D:rolleyes::lol:
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Lmao Phil you got that right... and Fuzzy Slippers fits much better than Miss Frying Pan LOL
User 96903 Photo

70 posts

I would like to see the Sitemapper with an option to capture the (first) h1-tag on the page rather than the page title. Trying to analyze sites built by others years ago has shown me the strenth of CC Sitemapper. But I have also learned that people before the SEO focus was not very exact with their page titles. Some even have the same title on all the site's pages, or the title from the page they used as a templete for this page. The h1-tag - or the first h1-tag as many old pages have more than one - is in most cases the real title of the page. So if the Sitemapper could have this option it will give me - and the rest of you - an even stronger tool. (If the page does not have an h1-tag choose the first h2-tag instead and if h2 is missing as well then use the title).
www.nkmoller.com
- You may help me once by doing something for me, you help me a multiple of times by teaching me how to do it myself.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.