Site mapper locking up consistently...

User 1982210 Photo

18 posts

Hi Scott,

Any progress on a fix for this? I havent been able to build a sitemap for a week now since I have added additional pages to my site, previously I could get it to work around once every 10 times.

Lyndon
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Lyndon,

Which site are you trying to do? I'd be willing to give it a shot and give you a link to the files if you like. At least until they get whatever is wrong fixed or get you setup whichever is the case :)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Lyndon Sparrow wrote:
Hi Scott,

Any progress on a fix for this? I havent been able to build a sitemap for a week now since I have added additional pages to my site, previously I could get it to work around once every 10 times.

Lyndon

Did you open a support ticket?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 419872 Photo

85 posts

I also am having the problem of lockups, and timing out. When I never had the problem before.

Also, it is including "other domain" links in the sitemap, and google rejects them when I submit the sitemap
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Stephen wrote:
I also am having the problem of lockups, and timing out. When I never had the problem before.

Also, it is including "other domain" links in the sitemap, and google rejects them when I submit the sitemap

Did you also open a support ticket yet?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1982210 Photo

18 posts

Yes, Im onto my second one. I have done everything they suggest but to no avail.
User 1982210 Photo

18 posts

Support have just sent me the previous version of sitemapper and that is working fine.
User 428884 Photo

15 posts

I am going to raise a support ticket but just wanted to say mine is the same. Works fine with someple sites but anything over 50 pages seems to Jam it. I am on Windows 7, have cleaned registry and am running AVG, have tried it on and off. Have got quite a few big sites to index and am getting frustrated!

Examples of ones I am having problems with are www.medicineshopandclinic.com and www.designerkids.co.uk
User 105284 Photo

11 posts

installed version 50R and works perfectly now, as did all previous versions. 53R failed to work properly.
User 1953926 Photo

1 post

My sitemapper 5.3 also locks up when running on www.primedesignusa.com.... sometimes! and then only on the same page. it has a .gif on it, none of the other pages has an active gif. Perhaps this is a problem. Also, I am running W7 64 bit. the page with the gif is the .../mechanical.htm page

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.