RE: Sitemapper 5.1 Now Available! -...

User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Will it spider if you use full URL's within your own domain instead of relative URL's.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Eric English wrote:
Will it spider if you use full URL's within your own domain instead of relative URL's.

Yes, it should.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 59189 Photo

6 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Eric English wrote:
Regarding Jo Ann's concern about it picking up things that used to be there and are now not. It is doing the same thing to me on my regular website. I just updated the whole site and the sitemap keeps coming up with the old websites information even though i completely deleted the old site.

Look at your sitemap and backtrack the links. For the page to be listed in Sitemapper, it must have found a link to one of these pages someplace on your Website.

I have been updating my entire site and ran across many ghost urls in my updated sitemaps.
I used the CoffeeCup HTML editor and searched my site for 'ghosturl.html'. The results let me go to whichever pages contained the ghost url and edit or remove the renegade link.

Question: I just ran the new sitemapper, but it stopped indexing at 2500 even though there were almost 900 urls in queue and was still finding new urls. (there are 40,000 content pages online) Is there a way to keep indexing beyond 2500 pages?
Never Underestimate the Powers of the Gnome!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Where?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.