New Sitemapper 6 glitch? - Page 1 -...

User 220095 Photo

8 posts

I just installed sitemapper 6 and was testing it out but cannot get it to work right. The designer is not working. It won't let me select a theme. It just uses the Corduroy Robot theme and has no provision to change it. Am I missing something?

User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

When you go to Designer, it just offers the one theme? Nothing else? I was able to change themes with no problem.

Just a thought, are you running as 'Administrator'? If not, right click the icon and select 'Run as Administrator' and see if that makes a difference.

Let us know if you are still having problems. Far as I can see the program works fine.
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 220095 Photo

8 posts

I only have the one profile on this computer so yes, using as admin.

I get all the choices, it just does not change from the Corduroy Robot no matter what I do. I thought maybe there was a hidden button or something but I see nothing like that. I have to X out to close the screen. Is that right? Am I supposed to leave it open while the program runs?

BTW, Windows 7 64bit if that helps
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Are you using custom DPI settings? If so, try resting back to 96DPI.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 220095 Photo

8 posts

It's just the preview that is not working. I exported the sitemap to my website and it is showing correctly. The preview feature does not seem to update for some reason. Is it just the browser cache?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Patty Dowdall wrote:
It's just the preview that is not working. I exported the sitemap to my website and it is showing correctly. The preview feature does not seem to update for some reason. Is it just the browser cache?

Which preview, Live Preview or your browser?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 220095 Photo

8 posts

The preview button in sitemapper.
When I hot that is shows up in my default browser so not sure how to answer the question... sorry
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

First, did you check your DPI settings so that we can see if it fixes the issue with not being able to select a theme?
User 220095 Photo

8 posts

I do not see anything that says anything about dpi
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Patty Dowdall wrote:
I do not see anything that says anything about dpi

That is something you adjust in your operating system. Not sure which version of Windows you have, but you can find instructions here :

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+ … ent=safari

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.