Missing Group information in GET...

User 531474 Photo

150 posts

JoAnn;
The "amp" text is html's way of coding an ampersand:
http://personalweb.about.com/od/addback … ssigns.htm
You probably alraday knew that but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case.
That may just be a by-product of the way the Google error report was generated (it saw the ampersand in your link and converted it to text for the report).

User 531474 Photo

150 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
I've looked through all the files (that I can see or find that is) and I can't see any xml or other file that has the info for my products in it anywhere to check it so am unable to figure out if anything is wrong there or not.

The product id is located in the Products XML File. I took this page from my site:
<product>
<information>
<title>Amare Stoudemire</title>
<shortdescription>2003 Topps Jersey Edition</shortdescription>
<longdescription>
<![CDATA[<span><span style="font-size:12px;">Game Used Basketball Jersey Card of Amare Stoudemire #JE-AS</span></span>]]>
</longdescription>
<weight>000</weight>
<weightunits>lbs</weightunits>
<isstarred>0</isstarred>
<metakeywords>Amare Stoudemire</metakeywords>
<metadescription>2003 Topps Jersey Edition</metadescription>
<isuploaded>1</isuploaded>
<sku>SKU_00000074</sku>
</information>
<pricing>
<retailprice>1200</retailprice>
<yourprice>1200</yourprice>
<discount>000</discount>
<applypercent>0</applypercent>
</pricing>
<charging>
<tax>None</tax>
<shipping>000</shipping>
<defaultshipping>1</defaultshipping>
<handling>000</handling>
</charging>
<extraoptions/>
<quantity>
<typequantity>default_quantity</typequantity>
<defaultquantity>1</defaultquantity>
<minrangequantity>1</minrangequantity>
<maxrangequantity>5</maxrangequantity>
</quantity>
<internal>
<id>76</id>
<status>Populated</status>
<catid>0</catid>
<anyfieldnotdefault>1</anyfieldnotdefault>
<mainheaderisset>1</mainheaderisset>
<secondaryheaderisset>1</secondaryheaderisset>
<priceisset>1</priceisset>
<prevstatus>Active</prevstatus>
</internal>

The link displayed it as product 76 and the xml called that number out under <internal>
I dont know if this helps you or not.

User 531474 Photo

150 posts

And the Group ID in the link is located in the Categories XML file:
<category>
<name>Jersey Cards K-R</name>
<metakeywords>Jersey Cards K-R</metakeywords>
<metadescription>Jersey Cards K-R</metadescription>
<labelisset>1</labelisset>
<categoryupload>1</categoryupload>
<categoryselected>0</categoryselected>
<categoryhighlighted>0</categoryhighlighted>
<collapse>cch_expand</collapse>
<id>3</id>

User 531474 Photo

150 posts

...and both of those files are on my local drive ( I didnt check to see if they're uploaded verbatim to the live space).

User 289442 Photo

161 posts

I mentioned checking the xml files to help eliminate any abnormalities that might be outputted from SCC for some reason by comparing what is known as good as to what Google is reporting as not good.

Jeff has covered where they are and etc. I wouldn't spend a lot of time there but would give a quick scan.

But more that I think about it, I think you are best to head for a support ticket.
User 531474 Photo

150 posts

....or she could just scrap her whole site and start over......:lol:

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Jefff wrote:
....or she could just scrap her whole site and start over......:lol:

My aren't you just the joker there :P Hardly, but I might consider deleting it and reuploading it again if it needs be done.

Yes I am aware of the amp; being the code for & but just not sure why it is something is putting it in there is all.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll look for that file locally and see what I find, I was looking on the remote files for it before.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Just found that Products.xml file and I checked a couple products from the list google gave as bad links against a couple that weren't on that list at all and I can't see any difference in the code anywhere there.

I guess it's time to open a ticket then to see if I can figure out what's going on. At this point I still don't know if it's even caused by the SCC program so who knows if someone out there has these links on their site messing me up, wouldn't be the first time :/
User 531474 Photo

150 posts

...or it could be a tribble infection......

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Tom,

Well the biggest reason is because I want to know what is doing it to begin with. What's to stop it from happening again if it happens now (providing it's from the program to start with of course). I'm not usually one to just scrap it and redo it lightly without at least attempting to find the issue first. I see no value in doing that right off the bat. If there's a problem it might be something CC needs to know about too right?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.