Incorporating with SCC Pro site -...

User 2137031 Photo

37 posts

I am experimenting with SM. What is the best way to integrate into a SCC Pro site? Add A page somehow? cut and paste the html into a page?
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Thought I would bump this one since I am loking for the same answer.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Steven Alford wrote:
Thought I would bump this one since I am loking for the same answer.

In addition to this.........

I purchased a sitemapper theme that I would like to use because it makes the map look for like a family tree.

How can I use this theme and my sitemap in a page created in SCCP?
User 2138697 Photo

8 posts

I just subscribed to this thread also. I just bought sitemapper and use SCC Pro also. Thanks.
Kat Wade
WadeGraphics.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya all asking on this,

Sorry I haven't posted since I didn't know any answer for you, but I've asked the CC Powers hehe and this is what Scott Says:

"The easiest way would be to add an additional page called sitemap and then view the source of the saved sitemap.html page and then copy/paste that into SCC using the HTML tool."

Hope that helps :)
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

I want to be able to use a CC SiteMapper theme but I know I can't do that inside a SCCP page (or can I??). But if I were to create a link of some sort, say one that is in the footer of the site, to the site map file on the server, would this affect how my site is viewed by the search engines?? Since the site map is an important part of SEO, I would not want to make it harder.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Steven,

If you follow the format that Scott mentioned that I quoted above it should work just fine with the theme. The key to this of course would be to make sure the Sitemapper files that it creates are uploaded to the directory your shop is in and not in the root directory of your site itself (unless of course your shop is in your main domain rather than a subdirectory/folder. If you do that you should be able to use any theme you would like to use by using the HTML Tool according to Scott's information in my previous post :)
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

So, in other words, the sitemap.html file also contains the code that created the theme? The theme code is not contained elsewhere? So when you paste all that code the theme code goes with it (just thinking and typing at the same time :D ). I can see that now. I was just thinking that it was strange putting a theme inside a theme. Can that work? Guess I will find out.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

When in doubt, try. ;)

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I think what he's saying is to use the source code for the Sitemapper page you created, or would have created (in other words, create the site map page like you want it on a normal website page), then create a new page in your SCC Pro called Sitemap, then copy the full page code that you have in your external sitemap page and paste it on that page using the HTML Tool.

Then from there make sure the files that the Sitemapper created are in the main shop directory of your site and it should work out pretty good.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.