Create new theme - Page 1 - Post ID...

User 298134 Photo

14 posts

How do I create a new theme for Sitemapper?
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

A starting point would be the tutorial "How to create a custom theme", that you'll find in the pdf help file in the Sitemapper program. (Click: Help > Help > Tutorials > How to create a custom theme)
User 298134 Photo

14 posts

Thanks Per - don't know how I missed that link.
User 298134 Photo

14 posts

OK, I've found the online tutorial and (hopefully) followed the instructions. However, I created new bullet images and they are not being used. Do I need to edit the background: url (%...%) statements in sitemap.css file to get this to work? I've submitted a support ticket but thought I would ask the community also.

Thanks
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Robert,

Can I ask please where you found the online tutorial?
User 298134 Photo

14 posts

Jo,

Its a pdf help file that you can access in Sitemap. On the top menu click Help > Help > Create Custom Theme.

What shopping cart software did you use to create your cart?

Luck,
Bob
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Thanks you 2, didn't see that in there before.

Robert, I use the CoffeeCup Shopping Cart Creator for my shop, and the Shopping Cart Designer Pro to make my theme. :)
User 298134 Photo

14 posts

Jo Ann,

Looks good - carry on!

Bob
User 298134 Photo

14 posts

Still haven't found my error in connecting my new bullet images to the new template. The images are in the cssimages folder in the custom folder which is selected for the sitemap. I did not alter the sitemap.css file. Should I change the url locations in the css file to point to the new images? Seems like that is Not the way Sitemapper is meant to work, but my assumptions have been proven wrong before ... ??
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Robert,

I'll be messing with this some this evening too I think, but I'm wondering if you renamed your images so they were the same name as the images that were in the original theme's folder? If you didn't, then you'll most likely need to change the css file to reflect the names of the images you're trying to use. I'll assume it shouldn't be too difficult to find as the file doesn't use too many graphics so they should stand out pretty nicely.

Just go into the css file and find the url's that are looking for the images. Make sure to change them according to which one they are replacing and you should be good to go :)

Or... just change the image names to the original image names in the default theme. Either way should work.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.