Uploaded Latest SDv4 - Page 1 - Post...

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

The other day I uploaded the latest version, upon opening after installing I got a message that my account needed verifying,, which went through ok when I put it.

Today I had no internet (which happens often) and when I went to open a project I got a message
we could not verify your account, you have 2 days to subscribe xxxxxxx

I don't know when I need subscribe not had any notification that I needed to just yet, all I got was the "update available" in my purchases section

Now the internet is back, the project files open as normal

Is this something that happens if there is no internet ??? or how do I find out when my subscription is due (one assumes that one shouldn't be able to download n upgrade if one is not subscribed)

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I think it IS something that happens when the internet is down, it happened to me too when I was in Turkey, with that flakey connection I have there.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

The case arrived a little earlier for me. I asked support If I needed to budget my yearly funds at 70% of all the purchases. The response was basically, they lowered the cost of SD and I was getting a great deal at $70.00 since it used to be $199. Hans went onto say that they are competing with large companies and the price of the software was less for a year than what the competition charge per month. He was hoping that I would understand.

Well after a few weeks to think about it I saw the new upgrade was available and gave in to CC and paid for one more year. I can imagine it costs much more for you Wayan.

I've got other products that are beyond the 1 year mark. I wonder when they will be tagged for renewal. I get that CC is small, but so is the level of production coming out. There are way too many, "Coming Soon" messages if you know what I mean.
Learn something, Share something.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

So when do subscriptions need re-newing
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

And if my internet is off for 2 days what happens then
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

. I can imagine it costs much more for you Wayan.
.[/quote]
I don't care how much it costs to renew 70$ or 700 $ just would be nice to know when
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 244626 Photo

811 posts

Its found under preferences in the latest version of SD.
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 2624719 Photo

265 posts

Hi Everyone
I've just noticed that i now only have a valid subscription until august 2020 after that i don't know
as this is something out of the blue and no mention anywhere before i think it would be prudent for CC to explain there shift to this way of licence . My big question is this as a subscription service will my software stop working altogether .or will it just not update anymore ?

Regards Adrian
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

I believe I was told that you are not eligible for any new updates, and no official tech support from the staff of CC. You can still use the forum for questions. You can still use your software for as long as you wish.
Learn something, Share something.
User 2624719 Photo

265 posts

Hi Bosco
If that is true then its up to the end user to make a choice which for me is a lot better than it not working at all as i came to CC from a company who make web authoring software and changed to a yearly licence . Lets hope you are correct , i do believe that CC need to comment in an official way just so everyone is informed .

Regards Adrian

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.