Uploaded Latest SDv4 - Page 2 - Post...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Please read this thread: https://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respon … post289758

Some of us have tried to explain what all this subscription is about.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I understood this matter was reflected at the end of Suzanne's first Change Log of 3 May 2018, and therefore should not have come as a surprise. It said,

"One last biggie - we have a lot more coming for the app. With V3 you get free upgrades for one year! Yup! We will no longer sit on any new features and push them all out in one big update. We’ll launch them as soon as we have them done, so you can enjoy them much faster."

Frank
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Wayan Jaya wrote:
And if my internet is off for 2 days what happens then

Well here it is
My internet has been off for 3 days not that it matters overmuch, because I very rarely have the internet when working with SD. Anyway, that there notice about not being able to verify etc went past the 3 days today, and guess what ??? IT STOPPED WORKING

This isn't very good CC guys, I fully understand that you have to check that users are subscribed, etc, I really do, but for any of us that are, but don't use the internet that much (in my case it's a 4-hour return journey to the internet cafe) it should be the case that once verified that we are subscribers, then it should keep that information somehow so that we don't have to be logged on in order for it to work for more than 3 days. If that's not feasible then I will have to consider dropping off the subscription, This has now cost me some 6 months work
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2624719 Photo

265 posts

Hi Wayan
I feel your pain maybe a better way to go would be that instead of SD now looking for a subscription at the opening of the program . it looked for the subscription at the point you need to export the website . that way you can work as long as you need to get your website ready without any time limit . as you say Wayan you understand that they need to check current subscriptions. as do all users . If this is a change that could be changed i think it would keep everyone happy
as i myself have suffered from no internet connections and it has stopped me working.

Regards Adrian
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Sounds like a far better solution!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Inger wrote:
Sounds like a far better solution!

Hi
A better solution would be to just make the downloads available to paid up subscribers not sure of the technicalities involved but seems to me that if you are a subscriber, then I would have thought easy enough to make another area for downloading updates, except of course that could lead to some passing on the updated version to non-subscribers so I export my projects many many times during the development and evolving (don't FTP them), so having a check there wouldn't help me at all, but it might be food for thought, to adapt it somehow.

The latest news on re-building the towers destroyed in the forest fire is
"Siap Tahu" which basically means #### knows

I am probably going to go back to the previous version as I have 28 projects on the go at the moment with another 30 waiting in line

Thanks for the thoughts
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 453359 Photo

Staff
21 posts

Hello Everybody !

My comments to your questions:

1) CoffeeCup Software is NOT subscription based software, when you purchase software from us you are acquiring a PERPETUAL license for the software.
2) Software updates, support, free templates and any other great things we may come up with ARE INDEED a subscription and this "subscription" for Site Designer costs $69 per year at the moment.

You will receive ONE YEAR of free updates with your purchase, and you may use the last upgraded version during that year PERPETUALLY. If you upgrade your version beyond the free upgrade period, the software goes into trial version mode which lasts 7 days. Once you have then purchased the upgrade from your MyProducts area on coffeecup.com, the trial mode will automatically switch to registered/entitled mode.

I hope the way I explained this is understandable. We have implemented this so that we can keep on selling perpetual software licenses, but still have a way to receive compensation for the work we keep doing to improve the software and services we offer.

If you go to the MyProducts page on coffeecup.com you will always be able to download your LAST entitled version/build of the software.

I hope this helps, and I also hope we will continue to have your support in our current and future software endeavours trying to make Web Development a little easier with CoffeeCup Software.

happy holidays guys, and we will try to make stuff about the licensing more clear.

Hans
warmest regards,

Hans
User 2885740 Photo

60 posts

Hi Hans,

If it is as you write, than there is no need to check the subscription everytime at start-up of SD4.
It is suboptimal, when SD4 starts with a warning the account could not be verified and, as Wayan discovered, stops working after 3 days. That is not perpertual.
Besides that, it seems strange that the app comes with this warning, although it exactly knows when my subscription ends (see preferences).

René

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

René wrote:
Hi Hans,

If it is as you write, than there is no need to check the subscription everytime at start-up of SD4.
It is suboptimal, when SD4 starts with a warning the account could not be verified and, as Wayan discovered, stops working after 3 days. That is not perpertual.
Besides that, it seems strange that the app comes with this warning, although it exactly knows when my subscription ends (see preferences).

René

Exactly well said Rene, I was beginning to think that nobody understood what I was on about

Hans it is 01:15 in the morning here, I spent over 2 hours getting to the nearest internet cafe so that I can at least try to get my latest version of SD4 validated and working again, it's another 2 hours back home just in time to have another cup of coffee before my day starts again, & if I have to do this every 3 days then I shall revert back to the previous version

I DO support & understand your subscriptions, and everything else, I just don't understand why the app needs to be online once it has validated a subscription as Rene says it already knows.
https://sdrive-storage.s3.amazonaws.com/mawarputih/5dfd08e34857e5/70409637/validated-1.png
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

The date December 20 2020 is exactly a year from today (CET), and it means that the license period was started today. I know this because I also had an app (RED) that needed a validation. It was done today, and I got exactly the same date. You must have had an earlier end date from before.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.