Suggestions for Responsive Site...

User 2793720 Photo

66 posts

Hennie wrote:
I don't have a real problem with RSD, except for maybe the name.
Call it RPB : Responsive Page Builder, great for one-page websites.
It's a matter of managing expectations. Of course you could use RPB to build websites, but you would be on your own (and the Forum members to help) because no expectations raised by its very name.

But that is also why I would like to see some focus from CoffeeCup and learn about their strategic direction. May be it's time to get out of the Coffee Shop where it all started :)

Actually I sympathise with the company (most of us do, I guess) - that is why I buy from them - and of course it's not of my business anyway.

Agree 100%, I like the software so I find myself using it but I'm beginning to think it's time to move away. Silly things like building menus with the menu builder and having to synchronise the breakpoints with my RSD website - similarly with the slider app. Then going through every page of the site to remove old html from the <head></head> and replace it with what the menu/slider builders have produced then going through every menu instance on every page and every slider instance on the pages and pasting html - what the hell am I doing surely I should be able to update the menu and RSD just picks it up. I started looking at editing using an html editor as this would be more efficient to insert the updated code or even writing some perl to insert it but of course RSD stores the source files in it's only internal format until you export.

I've been a loyal customer since 2015 and own nearly everything CoffeeCup has produced but whilst it's allowed me to do things I couldn't before it is now holding me back.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Steve Sharkey wrote:
I've been a loyal customer since 2015 and own nearly everything CoffeeCup has produced but whilst it's allowed me to do things I couldn't before it is now holding me back.

That's about it ... and those things holding me back is pretty basic stuff to begin with. I can only hope this will be fixed in RSD3.

– Richard
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 515127 Photo

116 posts

<whineMode state='on'> I would like to be able to create an RSD folder and include the various required PHP files as resources. Yeah, I can fudge it by renaming the extensions and including the files, then fixing the extensions when I export... but I shouldn't have to do that. </whineMode>
User 515127 Photo

116 posts

re: complaints about page building vs. site building.

Just a thought - has anybody tried creating the folder/sub-domain's worth of files, save and export, rinse and repeat, then creating the basic landing page and associated pages - and adding the exported folders as resources? Just a thought... If you keep your structure and paths in mind as you are building ... can't see why it wouldn't work unless the cumulative file size breaks it.

Just had another thought - wondering if RSD is caching folders you add or just adding a point to the folder. If a pointer, then you could update the 'sub' site and the master site would be okay. Otherwise, you might have to drop and re-add the folder if you change it.
User 2899049 Photo

43 posts

Would be nice if resized Project Ressources window reopen resized instead at initial size…
RSD 3.5 build 2979 on Window10 64-bit & RSD 4 build 3069 on OSX 10.14.6
User 2073960 Photo

28 posts

"Collapse all" button on Elements Tree would be nice.

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I think it would be best to split this group into one for RSD and one for SD. Confusions will easily arise if those two are to be discussed in the same group, especially since the new programme has already gone by the name of 'RSD v3' for quite some time.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2073960 Photo

28 posts

If you set a project name and then export it appends '_export' to exported folder filename. Would rather if it just used the project name as it would give more flexibilty and save having to rename the folder afterwards. At least an option to add/omit the _export bit would be nice.
User 235071 Photo

110 posts

Inger wrote:
I think it would be best to split this group into one for RSD and one for SD. Confusions will easily arise if those two are to be discussed in the same group, especially since the new programme has already gone by the name of 'RSD v3' for quite some time.

Hear Hear!!
and btw, not directed at you, Inger, but Bootstrap, Foundation, and Materialize are "frameworks" not platforms, if we're all getting out terms straight
;-D
User 1932012 Photo

Ambassador
18 posts

What is the intention/possibility with regard to master pages?
Larger sites would benefit hugely from this.

Regards

Pete

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.