Site Designer suggestions - Page 23 -...

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

This may have been suggested previously

In the Components Library
The ability to collapse/expand the components menu thingy individually

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2952013 Photo

1 post

I'm working on a 24-inch Dell monitor. The application comes up in a window that is quite a bit wider that the monitor.

The tutorials refer to a Help icon as the last one, i.e. rightmost, on the navigation bar. On my screen, there is no such icon. The Help menu item has a "Help Dialog" submenu instead. Also, the Settings dialog has a "?" icon that brings up the "Site Designer Guide" in your browser.

The trial version I'm using is "Version 5.0, Build 3470".

Any explanations applying to these issues would be welcomed.

Thank you.
User 236055 Photo

51 posts

I use a 24" monitor and have no issues at all. I would check the screen resolution as this may be your problem. Set res to 1920 and see if that helps ????

Lawrence Seltzer wrote:
I'm working on a 24-inch Dell monitor. The application comes up in a window that is quite a bit wider that the monitor.

The tutorials refer to a Help icon as the last one, i.e. rightmost, on the navigation bar. On my screen, there is no such icon. The Help menu item has a "Help Dialog" submenu instead. Also, the Settings dialog has a "?" icon that brings up the "Site Designer Guide" in your browser.

Thank you.
Web Developer UK
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Lawrence Seltzer wrote:

Thank you.

The same is happening to me, I have tried everything including Phil's suggestion which doesn't fix it, I am onto Microsoft and pc manufacturer (Lenovo) still awaiting reply, if I get it fixed I will post it.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Lawrence Seltzer wrote:

Thank you.

The same is happening to me, I have tried everything including Phil's suggestion which doesn't fix it, I am onto Microsoft and pc manufacturer (Lenovo) still awaiting reply, if I get it fixed I will post it.

Hello again
Well I cannot say that this will fix your problem, but it fixed mine

Apparently in the latest windows 10 update I got last week, it appears that the driver for the graphics card was included in the windows 10 update (which apparently is normally ok to do)
However it seems that this driver was preventing the proper resolution for the display, not only that but was also preventing a choice of resolution, basically you got what you was given which was the resolution of my laptop

I had to roll back the driver for the graphics card, which fixed it fortunately, if it hadn't fixed it I would have had to download the drivers from the manufacturers of the graphics card, phew what a stressful couple of days it's been.

BEWARE this may not fix your issue if you haven't already fixed it.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

See also a possible solution in this forum: https://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respon … post296446
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 3078961 Photo

3 posts

I really would like the option to change the overall color scheme in the Site Designer editor from dark to light. I know is trendy, but for me it is very hard to work with a dark themed software. Even tried on Windows or macOS but there is always the "don't know why" factor that prevents me from working comfortably on dark themes.

JD
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

+1! :)

It has been asked before.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Julio Debroy wrote:
I really would like the option to change the overall color scheme in the Site Designer editor from dark to light.

At the bottom right, immediately above the 'Save changes' button, is a cog icon for settings. Choosing the Dreamweaver theme there does the trick.
For the avoidance of doubt, the editor referred to above is the one brought up by the Edit button for HTML elements etc

Frank
User 2622524 Photo

96 posts

PROJECT RESOURCES
Before the "Sort By" were introduced the files were displayed in the order you added them which I used all the time.
I really enjoy the new sort features added, but it would be nice if you could also introduce a sort by "Modified Date" or "Added Order" option feature

Thank you ALL for a GREAT product!!
Attachments:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.