Site Designer suggestions - Page 16 -...

User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

I would like to see the ability to add or remove items on the toolbar as well as the content panes. Right now we can collapse menu items on the control pane, but I would like to see the the state of them remembered when I open up a new project.
Learn something, Share something.
User 524541 Photo

11 posts

I have searched the web and have not found any references to people doing CC site design services. SD is a great program but not an easy start from scratch tool. I like the idea of having a site designed and then having a tool to tweak it over time.
So, are all your customers end users? If not how do you recommend I connect with a developer with a bit of marketing/design savvy? I have an index page laid out as a suggestion and we have a legacy web site to draw from as a start.
User 524541 Photo

11 posts

Still would like the description of the selected item to be locked at the top of the right hand panel. At time I am unsure if I am editing the correct item and there are cases where the GUI does not clearly show what was successfully selected and then I edit the wrong item and wonder why nothing is happening. I then have to scroll to the top to see what I am editing. Is this correct?
Also, the item name could be a little larger to be easier for us old guys to read.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Roger Rowell wrote:
I have searched the web and have not found any references to people doing CC site design services. SD is a great program but not an easy start from scratch tool. I like the idea of having a site designed and then having a tool to tweak it over time.
So, are all your customers end users? If not how do you recommend I connect with a developer with a bit of marketing/design savvy? I have an index page laid out as a suggestion and we have a legacy web site to draw from as a start.

There are many that can help you on this forum all you have to do is ask with a little bit of what you need help with.
I have helped many people get started and even gone through the full development of a complete website from start to finish. I mostly do this using video tutorials specifically made step by step if you would like to know more then you can email me (address in my profile) I can provide s reference from people should you so wish
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

I thought this bump would be a great idea ...

Let's suggest in the possibility to create an hierarchical website.
    Use the site manager to not only create/add/remove mages, but also folders/subfolders. Create a really structured website.
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

... or this one ...

Internal/external links
    When inserting a link, there could be shown a pane where you could select a tab to insert an external link or a tab for internal links where you can select (one of the) existing site pages.

Now (hold on to your seats), when moving the linked page around from one folder/subfolder to another the link automatically will be updated throughout the site/project.
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

... this also is a winner ...

Manage links
    Whoaaaahhh. One site that is mentioned/linked to tons of times within this project has been updated. Now I have to relink all references within my project ... good luck!

Or ... you just open your link manager, select the now invalid url, alter it, and save. The link will be updated throughout the site/project.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

rvanheukelum wrote:
... or this one ...
Internal/external links
Now (hold on to your seats), when moving the linked page around from one folder/subfolder to another the link automatically will be updated throughout the site/project.

This might perhaps come true. It has already been made so that if you move an image to another folder, the link to it will be automatically updated.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

That would really be awesome. The reason I keep bumping this is that I've become custom to this feature using Softpress' Freeway. All mentioned features I suggested were implemented ever since Freeway 1 back in 1999. Even though Site Designer probably is the best software I've ever worked with, these missing out really became pet peeves to me.
User 256592 Photo

Ambassador
16 posts

THEME MANAGEMENT: It would be really helpful to have an easy way to change the name of a theme to be more descriptive and perhaps even add a 'description' area (similar to Components). This would make choosing appropriate themes much easier, I believe .... any thoughts?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.