Site Designer suggestions - Page 14 -...

User 556652 Photo

146 posts
Online Now

I've been using the "View Element Code". It's inconvenient right now to view the code because it does not have a word-wrap feature. You have to drag the horizontal scroll bar.

You can make the dialog bigger by dragging the side thus giving more display area for the code. By the way, I didn't know that you could view the code till I say your message.

Thanks!

141 posts

Inger wrote:
I have High Sierra 10.13.6, and no problem with those two CC apps.

I updated my old iMac to High Sierra today. Had to force a download from the Apple website given there was no auto update for my model. Yet it worked and is running smoothly! and Site Designer and Form Designer latest edition are now working.
Tony
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Whislist for the Site Designer v4.0, Visual Form Designer v4.0

Best Support,

It's been a good step towards a single HTML editor in the HTML element.

Whislist for 2020
Buildin custom editor (the editor include HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript) in each HTML element + input field for inline style and javascript events
1) It would be a very interesting field to be provided for each HTML element that can add to code in JavaScript and inline style.

From "your CSS Readonly" to your CSS Read or Writeonly" the developer can set this
2) Please also the ability to "your CSS" from read only with an tat setting the developer can modify and add css "to read and write only"

New components in the website?
3) When the components are coming? We waiting an very long time of about 3 years

4) like because we have been waiting three years or almost four years on adding all input HTML5 form elements as "week", "date", "date time", "color" etc ... and all of its new HTML5 attributes.

5) Please buildin the Site Designer the CSS properties like "animation". Maybe with an dialog window

6) The possibility that some plugins are included to easily jquery plugins (a type of assets folder in the project and can be selected by the developer what you need or not it could be a very good value for many cc developers among us and that makes the site Designer to sophisticated and even better to work with.

7) Please include prebuild sections in the site designer or opportunity all HTML5 / CSS3 / JS code to import the site Designer.

8) I like a basic wireframe at startup as a section, container, row and column in bootstrap 4, foundation 6

9) Add classes and the components of classes for the vanilla css framework

10) Add the new CSS Framework w3c.css

12) I like the possibility of pre-made templates to make it through global settings for color, the font etc ... with change the SASS and SCSS variables --> Theme Global Settings

13) like a field for an event to determine whether an inline style rule to register any HTML5 element.

14) I like the ability to customize the CSS Frameworks by changing the variables in both Bootstrap4, Foundation6, Materialize, Vanilla. We really miss this opportunity very much in Site Designer.

15) made component sections "about me", "Services", "contact", "testimonials", "headers", "footers", "navigation menus '' brands '

I hope that you implement en build in the Site Designer and Visual Form Designer

With Kind regards
Stephane
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

There are no CSS framework and component classes Vanilla CSS framework

Where are all the vanilla CSS framwork classes and components?. There are nothing in the site designer?
Please CC Support can you please add all these classes and components
Kind regards
Stephane
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

When Vanilla was included in SD, it was explicitly said that 'you are on your own'. Meaning that the framework has no classes ready made. But you can do a lot with stuff you find at W3schools. We may come up with some components by and by, but we, the users, will have to make them ourselves and share them. I've got some in my sharing folder.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

STEFKE wrote:
Where are all the vanilla CSS framwork classes and components?

I suspect that Stefke's question is based on an assumption that CoffeeCup's Vanilla is the framework referred to elsewhere (e.g. here).

That seems not to be the case as shown by this change-log and the discussion in this thread.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Yes, you're probably right. As a matter of fact I also thought so to begin with, and my very first Vanilla navigation was built based on that.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Inger,
What do you think for build-in all the HTML5 form input elements and the attributes?

Dear support,
Order by each theme by kind of CSS Framework

Please rank or order by all themes per CSS Framework because now that is a mess.
Example All themes that are designed are grouped in Bootstrap 4 in a plan of the timetable in the home screen for choosing a theme
Now it is far too confusing you really cannot find what is in what is designing.
Also arrange homemade themes by CSS Framework

Build in the CSS and JS files of Fontawesome library
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Hi Stefke, I don't have time right now to give a proper answer. It is late, and I have a busy day tomorrow. But I have mentioned to the developers some bits that are missing.

And yes, I agree that the themes should be arranged by the css frameworks, both in the app and in the theme shop. Or, as to the theme shop, it ought to be mentioned on the theme-shop index page which framework(s) they are for.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2913502 Photo

2 posts

I am using a laptop and do not have the multiple "60 inch displays" like those before (I exaggerate) nor a large lap. I have trouble grabbing the scroll bar in the design pane and inevitably grab a div/element and relocate it to never never land.

Two requests:

1. Make the scrollbar a little wider.
2. Provide the ability to protect pages, sections, div's... via the element tree with a check box or similar. Once checked, the element will not allow modification. Checking a parent will check all related chitlens and visa versa.
Winslow G Tuttle

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.