Site Designer suggestions - Page 13 -...

User 2706435 Photo

Ambassador
444 posts

Does this lag issue include the Grid Launcher window, never closing?
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Dear support,

The following options in the Site Designer.

1) An input field for entering code for event code for javascript and inline style for each element (example in pinegrow)

2) Adding scroll bars instead of the numeric arrows that we now have (example as in elementor)

3) Like the capabilities of horses that have standard CSS properties that start up

4) Can set SASS / SCSS capabilities of theme properties for each project that starts up

5) Introducing the "var" css properties and the "calc" property

6) Like all HTML5 input elements such as date, time, week, date-time. As well as all the attributes that go with it

7) Not to mention a custom editor for HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript because we have been waiting for that for a very long time as we see it in webflow

8) Like more HTML5 elements and red fields for a javascript for an event method, a field for inline css

9) Like templates for wireframes for all CSS Frameworks (as in pinegrow)

10) Better user interface for all css framework classes such as bootstrap 4, foundation 6, vanilla, materialize as in pinegrow webeditor.

I hope that you listen to the loyal users

Kind regards
Stephane
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36
User 2093190 Photo

115 posts

Radii in pixels and percent would be great.
puncto – grafik & marketing
D - 69126 Heidelberg
https://www.puncto.info
Actually you´ll find my work here: https://puncto.coffeecup.com/
User 2706435 Photo

Ambassador
444 posts

PSEUDO BREAKPOINTS
Breakpoints not for designing or media queries, but "pre-set" views without having to go to Device View. One can click on the arrow and see what the window looks like quickly without initiating a breakpoint.

This is why. I am using Foundation, but have a custom breakpoint for 412px because that is common, and its on my phone and I can live test it that way. But I also want to design for 320 BUT not as a separate breakpoint. I'd like the design to look good on a 320 through and past 412. 320 is my minimum, so want to design for 320 up to 640. If the design breaks a little under 320, I won't be worried, but neither am I super worried for 320 because its used on obsolutel, aging and dwindling amount of phones. But I want to make sure its on cue at 412. And so so I can keep the total custom media queries low. And, I don't want a query for 800px, but I want to make sure I am designing well for 800px.
SNAPPING I love coders, I love CC. But, I don't think anyone at CC using graphic application! Or you would have snapping as an option! This is why. I prefer to start designing with breakpoints toggles off, because there is always that errant style that ends up at some breakpoint you can't easily find, and I believe its the best practice to smack everything on the website to your default styles first. Even when the breaks are toggled off, or so, as I slide the the viewer slings, I'd like the option to snap at the breakpoints, (and psuedo breakpoints, see above), or optional points (a replacement for pseudo breakpoints). Instead of clicking on a breakpoint, I can slide, see if any weird things occur, then and then snap at the breakpoint. Clicking on the breakpoint skips weird things that might occur between them.

Lock Custom Breakpoints Right now, when I click on a custom break, there is some tendency for it to slide a few pixels.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

BIll G wrote:
PSEUDO BREAKPOINTS
Breakpoints not for designing or media queries, but "pre-set" views without having to go to Device View. One can click on the arrow and see what the window looks like quickly without initiating a breakpoint.

This is why. I am using Foundation, but have a custom breakpoint for 412px because that is common, and its on my phone and I can live test it that way. But I also want to design for 320 BUT not as a separate breakpoint. I'd like the design to look good on a 320 through and past 412. 320 is my minimum, so want to design for 320 up to 640. If the design breaks a little under 320, I won't be worried, but neither am I super worried for 320 because its used on obsolutel, aging and dwindling amount of phones. But I want to make sure its on cue at 412. And so so I can keep the total custom media queries low. And, I don't want a query for 800px, but I want to make sure I am designing well for 800px.
SNAPPING I love coders, I love CC. But, I don't think anyone at CC using graphic application! Or you would have snapping as an option! This is why. I prefer to start designing with breakpoints toggles off, because there is always that errant style that ends up at some breakpoint you can't easily find, and I believe its the best practice to smack everything on the website to your default styles first. Even when the breaks are toggled off, or so, as I slide the the viewer slings, I'd like the option to snap at the breakpoints, (and psuedo breakpoints, see above), or optional points (a replacement for pseudo breakpoints). Instead of clicking on a breakpoint, I can slide, see if any weird things occur, then and then snap at the breakpoint. Clicking on the breakpoint skips weird things that might occur between them.

Lock Custom Breakpoints Right now, when I click on a custom break, there is some tendency for it to slide a few pixels.

So start your design at 320px without adding a breakpoint, then move up. I do it that way all the time but I start at 358px
I don't worry too much also below 358px 9although I do usually slide on down for a quick peek)
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

I've been using the "View Element Code". It's inconvenient right now to view the code because it does not have a word-wrap feature. You have to drag the horizontal scroll bar.

Another helpful set of options would be to add the min/max on the window. Right now you can resize the window by dragging any side and stretching the window wider. You should be able to click one icon and have a view that is full screen or clicking the minimize icon to shrink to it's last known size and position.

I also think the code window should maintain is last known size and position. It appears to open in the last known position, but it does not open to it's last known size.

Last, but not least, we need a keyboard short cut to open the code viewer.
Learn something, Share something.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Bosco wrote:

Last, but not least, we need a keyboard short cut to open the code viewer.

WE????
should be I :)
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

How about a version of Site Designer and Form Designer that works with MacOS Sierra. The two updates today do not work on my computer. I have raised a support ticket.
Anyone else still running Sierra (my version 10.12.6) if you download the latest releases dated 14th Jan 2020 do not overwrite the version on your computer as neither of these will open and will give an error message.
Yes I have an old computer but have you seen the price of a new iMac or MacBook. No chance I'm paying that. Luckily I found an installer for an earlier version in my downloads folder. Teach me not to overwrite
Tony
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I have High Sierra 10.13.6, and no problem with those two CC apps.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

Loaded the software onto my wife's MacBook Air running Catalina and works fine. Going to hazard a guess it is something to do with 32bit and 64bit apps. My old computer has a core 2 duo chip so should be 64bit compatible so at a loss as to why the newer software isn't working. Will just have to use older version meantime. I would have thought if you develop software you would check it works on all operating systems or at least warn customers where it doesn't.

For the record

Site Designer Version 4.0.3196 does not work on macOS Sierra version 10.12.16

Form Designer Version 4.0.509 does not work on macOS Sierra version 10.12.16

Is there anyone else out there using Sierra that can get them to work. Not High Sierra but Sierra. Maybe using a newer processor
Tony

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.