Site Designer suggestions - Page 28 -...

User 379556 Photo

1,532 posts

Bosco wrote:
Is anyone else bothered by the way SD handles multiple paragraphs of text when pasted in from another application? It will use a single paragraph tag and separate the paragraphs with a pair of break tags.

I too think it is best if paragraphs are not combined within one paragraph element.

Presumably what happens is that new-line characters are converted to break tags when copied into an SD paragraph element, and that the copied source is creating paragraphs with new-line characters.

It would certainly have speeded up much of my website work with text if SD included a special container element (a bit like an HTML element) into which one could paste such text and it would be converted into separate paragraph elements within that container.

Frank
User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

Bosco wrote:
Is anyone else bothered by the way SD handles multiple paragraphs of text when pasted in from another application? It will use a single paragraph tag and separate the paragraphs with a pair of break tags.

That's standard 'manuscript' format (separate different paragraphs by a double line space (in this case 2 line breaks))
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 176817 Photo

61 posts

The need for new viewport units.

CSS has been adding new features and viewport units have been added to handle mobile devices, that now have address bars and tab bars that grow, shrink and disappear based on how you scroll the page. The vw and vh units do not see these and often bleed behind them. New units have been created for CSS to address shortcomings of the original units. Currently defined as the lvh, lvw, svh, svw, dvh, dvw units.

I would like to see these units added to Site Designer to adapt to the growing use of mobile unit browsing.

I started to play with these and made a site that points to some web pages explaining these new Viewpoint units.
The example site with the links to the links to sites explaining the new unit is https://newcssunits.jshrimplin.com
I also used the HTML Element to add these units to the top page of this site to see how it would work. Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari all use different methods of mobile address bars, but using these new units adapts well for each of these.
I used the HTML ...
<style>
.container.container-1 {
height: 100lvh;
}
@media screen and (max-width: 35rem) {
.container.container-1 {
height: 100svh;
}
}
</style>

The above replaced the hight 100vh allowed in Site Designer. The 100lvh is for the long view height above 35rem, and the 100svh is for the small view height media breakpoint below 35rem, and adapts the mobile screen for the different address and tab bars generated by the different browsers. You can rotate the screen from portrait to landscape, as each have different view ports. So check these out with different browser on your mobile device to check it out It would be great to see some of these units make it into the Site Designer program.
User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

Hi Jay
That would be a great addition, to our armory,and one which saves us using the normal 'WORKAROUND" which I am sure will be added to SD as soon as the relevant frameworks update their CSS.

I find it best to place the CSS code in the header section of a page in page manager (using the "USE GLOBAL" option) and using the DYNAMIC property's (dvh, dvw)

although it does depend on how old some users browsers are, especially mobile devices, and especially ones using older versions of "SAFARI" "OPERA" and older versions of ANDROID there is a test that we coffeecup users can do to see if the browser's we are designing for show these new properties here https://codepen.io/bramus/pen/ZEJvMgX a pretty neat addition, and actually one that is long overdue (first raised in 2015).
I haven't tested it on any other framework than "FOUNDATION' but there shouldn't be a problem wit that, and also it works pretty well using SD CSS grid.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 3137285 Photo

3 posts

How about the ability to open more than one instance of Site Designer so you could copy and paste from another website project? So frustrating having to close projects to try and copy content which does not stay on the clipboard. Please change this.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

It has been possible for Windows users for as long as I can remember. I'm often working with two instances open.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,532 posts

Moose wrote:
... so you could copy and paste from another website project? So frustrating having to close projects to try and copy content which does not stay on the clipboard. Please change this.

For copying an item from one project to another it's worth learning to make simple components. The word 'component' makes it sounds like something a bit complicated but it's actually ridiculously simple and quick.

Right click on any element and select Create Component. Then go to Content > Components where three icons appear on the component, the first of which is 'Export Project Component to Library'. Clicking on that will immediately make a copy of the element available to all other projects using the same Framework (or Frameworkless) in the Component Library.

Frank
User 1907807 Photo

1 post

Why doesn't Site Design come in a 64 bit version.
User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

Ronald Webster wrote:
Why doesn't Site Design come in a 64 bit version.

Why does it need to?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

A 32 bit app does not have access to higher levels of physical memory. More memory equals better handling of data. We could eliminate the slowness that happens when we are approaching that hundred page limit and bring SD into the modern world.
Learn something, Share something.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.