Site Designer suggestions - Page 25 -...

User 1222433 Photo

64 posts

Spell Checker for thick people like me :D
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Phat Monkey wrote:

That has been asked for before we can live in hope, but it's not so easy especially for different languages or even English but the different variations, I usually check using browser grammarly for instance I can preview on a browser copy and paste whole chunks of text into grammarly Nd then copy and paste back into the project file any corrections that have been found. Then as a final check before publishing to a server I runn it again through a spellckecker built into Dreamweaver. Not the perfect solution but it does the job
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Phat Monkey wrote:

I know that my brain processes faster than I type so I always double check. If I miss something I figure the grammar and spelling police will get their high for the day. Love helping others out.:lol:
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2659348 Photo

113 posts

So many suggestions here and this may have already been suggested (maybe even by me for all I know), but.......
The one thing that seems to slow me down the most is looking for the 3 tabs (Layout, Design, & Effects) in the Styles pane. They get lost. I get going so fast sometimes that I easily just zoom my gaze right over those tabs and not even see them. I know where they are, but when I scroll the whole pane up or down I can end up scanning up and down and all around for those tabs when I need them. It's frustrating not seeing something you know is right in front of you.

So..... If just these 3 tabs could all be yellow or red or something (with the selected one still being green as it is now) then that would save me a bunch of time. Or maybe just a red or yellow border around the entire box of tabs (not individually, but around all 3 at once) that would help me see where they are so much quicker. And since those tabs are an important dividing line anyway, having them show up better would help me get to things above or below them quicker too.

I know, you'd think that having the selected tab green like it is would be enough for me to see them. But I guess when they're scrolled up close to the green-selected Styles tab and I'm zooming along they just blend or my mind tells me it's one of the pane tabs and I just miss these 3 somehow. A whole different, vibrant color across all three would help me.

It's like having the yellow line in the center of the road. You don't stare at it but it helps EVERYTHING to have it there!
Thanks!
Knowing is half the battle
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

This is a great suggestion! I second this potential improvement. I have been using this application for years and have got used to the way it looks but I agree it would be a small change that can improve the workflow and save some eye strain at the same time.

Chris S Peterson wrote:
So many suggestions here and this may have already been suggested (maybe even by me for all I know), but.......
The one thing that seems to slow me down the most is looking for the 3 tabs (Layout, Design, & Effects) in the Styles pane. They get lost. I get going so fast sometimes that I easily just zoom my gaze right over those tabs and not even see them. I know where they are, but when I scroll the whole pane up or down I can end up scanning up and down and all around for those tabs when I need them. It's frustrating not seeing something you know is right in front of you.

So..... If just these 3 tabs could all be yellow or red or something (with the selected one still being green as it is now) then that would save me a bunch of time. Or maybe just a red or yellow border around the entire box of tabs (not individually, but around all 3 at once) that would help me see where they are so much quicker. And since those tabs are an important dividing line anyway, having them show up better would help me get to things above or below them quicker too.

I know, you'd think that having the selected tab green like it is would be enough for me to see them. But I guess when they're scrolled up close to the green-selected Styles tab and I'm zooming along they just blend or my mind tells me it's one of the pane tabs and I just miss these 3 somehow. A whole different, vibrant color across all three would help me.

It's like having the yellow line in the center of the road. You don't stare at it but it helps EVERYTHING to have it there!
Thanks!
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2905946 Photo

17 posts

Here is a suggestion that would be helpful for a lot of us. One of our main goals as we build a large site is to make sure we keep our photos small and make sure only the images that are necessary for the site are contained in the .rsd file and also uploaded to the web server. Much like when you look at a symbol component, you can see what pages the symbol (like a footer) is used on, it would be great to be able to do the same thing with images. Sometimes I'm looking at an image in the resources section and wondering if it's really in use somewhere, or if it's just hanging around wasting space.

In the "handy information" section, it would be awesome if that had a count, or even a list of what pages that file is used on.

Thanks for making great products - we're currently using Site Designer, Email Designer and Web Form Builder to rebuild our current site!

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Judi Phelps wrote:
... make sure only the images that are necessary for the site are contained in the .rsd file and also uploaded to the web server.
... In the "handy information" section, it would be awesome if that had a count, or even a list of what pages that file is used on.

I agree that what is requested would be a fine addition to the program.

The matter of whether the .rsd file and upload is bloated by unused images would ideally have an addition to the suggested idea: a list of the image files for which the count was zero. Doing that at the moment seems to be the subject of https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/it … nusedFiles , but I haven't tried it.

Frank
User 2905946 Photo

17 posts

Site Designer Suggestion:

You know how Powerpoint and Word have the ability to use the "format painter" to grab the styles of a specific part of text, picture, object and then apply all of those settings to another object?

What if you could do something like that in Site Designer, where I have a container for example, and I want it to look / operate just like another one - but I'm not sure exactly what classes are applied. If you could "format paint" all of the classes from one container, paragraph, heading, image, etc. to another so that they have the same classes applied with just a click, I think that would save a lot of time.

I know you could just duplicate an item and then just change the text etc. But this would help when everything is not working exactly as planned.

Thanks for Listening...
User 2622524 Photo

96 posts

Judi Phelps wrote:

....In the "handy information" section, it would be awesome if that had a count, or even a list of what pages that file is used on.....

Agreed 100% this would be an excellent feature if it could be added to Site Designer. Adobe Premiere Pro has something like that, it shows you what images you used in any of your sequence.

I'm glad you mentioned this one, I have requested it before.

PLEASE Coffee Cup consider this :):):)
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Chris wrote:
Judi Phelps wrote:

....In the "handy information" section, it would be awesome if that had a count, or even a list of what pages that file is used on.....

Agreed 100% this would be an excellent feature if it could be added to Site Designer. Adobe Premiere Pro has something like that, it shows you what images you used in any of your sequence.

I'm glad you mentioned this one, I have requested it before.

PLEASE Coffee Cup consider this :):):)

So what's wrong with giving thee container you want styled the same way as another container, the same class names in the same order?
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.