Site Designer suggestions - Page 19 -...

User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

I said it before, but I have thought this out further. I would like to nominate a new shortcut key sequence. CTRL +U would open the current element in the "View Element Code" window. Image attached for reference. It would save a couple of clicks. Not everyone has good dexterity.
Attachments:
Learn something, Share something.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hi all
this may have been suggested before if so sorry

How about
If one changes the name of a page Site Designer automatically changes all the links pointing to that page to point to the new name
(a bit like what happens now if you change an image name, )
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2924830 Photo

160 posts

Breakpoint nervs
It is easy - just obne click - to add a breakpoint - but it takes minutes or so to remove it.
I often jump betweern different breakpoints to see and change the Design and layout for the different viewports.
On every work session my cursor is sometimes going a little bit to high and zack there is a new breakpoint interrupting my work.
Couldnt there be a warning first like "You're going to set a new breakpoint ... yes or no"
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

I like that suggestion.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Mich ael wrote:
Breakpoint nervs
It is easy - just obne click - to add a breakpoint - but it takes minutes or so to remove it.
I often jump betweern different breakpoints to see and change the Design and layout for the different viewports.
On every work session my cursor is sometimes going a little bit to high and zack there is a new breakpoint interrupting my work.
Couldnt there be a warning first like "You're going to set a new breakpoint ... yes or no"

This happens to me all the time too! Great suggestion!
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2695940 Photo

148 posts

Mich ael wrote:
Breakpoint nervs

This happens a lot to me also. I mentioned this is a previous post that it was way too easy to set a breakpoint by mistake. What if you had to hold down a command or control key along with the mouse click to set a new breakpoint. I have a couple of sites with custom breakpoints and I have to be very careful not accidentally add a new breakpoint and not remembering which breakpoint is the one I added for a specific reason... hope that they listen to these suggestions.
John Ferguson
Website Design and Development
www.jf1.co
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

John Ferguson wrote:
Mich ael wrote:
Breakpoint nervs

This happens a lot to me also. I mentioned this is a previous post that it was way too easy to set a breakpoint by mistake. What if you had to hold down a command or control key along with the mouse click to set a new breakpoint. I have a couple of sites with custom breakpoints and I have to be very careful not accidentally add a new breakpoint and not remembering which breakpoint is the one I added for a specific reason... hope that they listen to these suggestions.

I should poke Bob and see what he says!
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Mich ael wrote:
Breakpoint nervs
It is easy - just one click - to add a breakpoint - but it takes minutes or so to remove it.

Just as removing breakpoints requires clicking on the minus button in the breakpoint line, it would seem logical and easy to require clicking on the plus button in the breakpoint line to add a breakpoint.

This would simply involve removing the facility to create (often accidentally) breakpoints by clicking in the breakpoint line.

Frank
User 2695940 Photo

148 posts

Frank Cook wrote:
Mich ael wrote:
Breakpoint nervs
It is easy - just one click - to add a breakpoint - but it takes minutes or so to remove it.

Just as removing breakpoints requires clicking on the minus button in the breakpoint line, it would seem logical and easy to require clicking on the plus button in the breakpoint line to add a breakpoint.

This would simply involve removing the facility to create (often accidentally) breakpoints by clicking in the breakpoint line.

Frank

Totally agree Frank! I don't really understand why something like this hasn't been used since there have been a lot of users complaining about how easy it is to set a breakpoint accidentally. Maybe in the next update...
John Ferguson
Website Design and Development
www.jf1.co
User 2015735 Photo

3 posts

Suggestion: ability to publish one page vs the entire project (especially helpful for troubleshooting / previewing)
Dustin

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.