Problems uploading site to my domain;...

User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Hi Frank,

What I did was as follows;

Saved the project (RSD file)
Exported project to a folder
I then opened the folder and exported (dropped) all files to my domain files manager. I did try exporting the folder itself that contained the files just in case it was something as simple as that but when uploaded, it obviously couldn't find index.html
So, the files and folders were all uploaded and mirrored everything that was in the RSD exported folder on my desktop.
The site only displayed text without any of the images.

THEN....

I downloaded a coffeecup template.
I followed the same procedures above... the website worked.

This suggests that the method I'm using to upload the exported files/folders is correct.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

Also, changing the setting from MODULAR to FLAT meant that I now have a js folder and a CSS folder which I wasn't getting before. But even with these uploaded now, the website isn't displaying images.

It could be something blindingly obvious, maybe because I'm using background images possibly (???) but I can't work out how to add foreground images.

I did get an image once when I used a Media Picture 4x3 'container' or file.

Maz
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Thanks for clarifying that the procedure used was correct. I fear I'm out of ideas as to what's causing the problem.

Frank
User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Frank Cook wrote:
Thanks for clarifying that the procedure used was correct. I fear I'm out of ideas as to what's causing the problem.

Frank

Thank you Frank...
User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Inger,

I'm sorry but I'm confused as to what you want me to do.

I've unzipped the file you sent and it's on my desktop. Do I now go to my exported folder and replace the main.css file there with the one you sent me, and THEN, I upload to ammar-seer.com?

Maz

User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Maz wrote:
Inger,

I'm sorry but I'm confused as to what you want me to do.

I've unzipped the file you sent and it's on my desktop. Do I now go to my exported folder and replace the main.css file there with the one you sent me, and THEN, I upload to ammar-seer.com?

Maz

I went with my instincts and did just that - I replaced my main.css with yours - but still no images.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Log into your server and find the css folder: http://ammar-seer.com/css/main.css
Delete the file main.css as it is faulty.
Replace it with the file I sent you.

You won't see the images yet, this is just a step on the way. But you need to get rid of the faulty main.css first.

The next step would be to locate your images folder on the server, probably inside the frameworks folder. If you can move a folder on your server, then move it out of where it is sitting, and out to the server root, where your index.html file is. Drop the images folder there. The actual images will hopefully be inside it.

Don't know if the mail address on your site is correct, but I sent you a mail with some more instructions. Hopefully you got it. I'll keep an eye on your ammar-seer.com to see what happens.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Hi there,

I don't have the ability to open folders on my control panel files manager. What I did was to swap the main.css files before I uploaded the exported RSD website. Re the images, I uploaded them individually to the domain folder.

I've attached an image of what the tree structure looks like in terms of the files and folders I have in ammar-seer.com

Also, the email isn't mine, it's the guy I'm doing the site for. My email is contactmaz@gmail.com

Many thanks again Inger...

Maz

Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

So, I have redirected the mail.
And your images, are they also inside the images folder, or just outside? If they are only outside, I'll edit the main.css and send you a new one, just a couple of minutes...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Here we go again... Make a backup of it!
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Hi Inger,

tried the new main.css file and just re-uploaded with it and with the images outside the folder with the index.html

maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know?!

still no images

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.