Problems uploading site to my domain;...

User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Hi there,

I've finally got round to creating my first website. It works well on the the RSD and on Safari preview (within RSD) although it becomes all jumbled up on iphone-sized screens.
My main aim at the moment is to get it uploaded on a domain I have on a hosting website. i'll fix the jumbling up by having rows instead of columns perhaps...

The steps I took were;
    I exported my website to a folder.
    I then uploaded it using the control panel of my hosting provider.
    The files all uploaded successfully, including the images.

When I type in the URL (www.neferium.com), I only get text displayed and no images. I contacted the hosting support and they said...

As we can see, the content that was uploaded on the server is properly displaying. Also, we've not found any mentions regarding the uploaded .jpg images in your index.html. So, we'd recommend you to double-check this in your software.

Surely the export of a website should address all images and links???

Also weird is the fact that when I type www.neferium.com on Safari, I get the image attached (not what I previewed through the RSD preview), but when I do this on Opera, I get the text of my site but WITHOUT the images.

Any ideas please...

Thanks, Maz
Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I don't know what may have gone wrong, but there are indeed no images mentioned in the index file. Also, if you have used only background images, they would normally have been mentioned in your file main.css. BUT, your main.css file does not contain any CSS at all, just a bit of HTML, which shouldn't be there in the first place, and it is also wrong.

So your site seems to be completely without styles (except what has to do with the framework)

Since I don't know how this happened, it is hard to give you any advice. But you could try to delete the exported files from your project and from the server, and then export it again and upload. If that doesn't help, the best I can offer is to take a look at your actual rsd file, if you would either post it here or, if it is too large, pop it into your dropbox or similar and post a link here.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Hi there,

Thank you for that.

I've got the RSD file uploaded to this link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Onm6tI … sp=sharing

Please bear in mind that it's my first website :D

Many thanks, Maz

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Maz wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you for that.

I've got the RSD file uploaded to this link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Onm6tI … sp=sharing

Please bear in mind that it's my first website :D

Many thanks, Maz

You should have the same folder structure and file names as your exported project file on your hosting server

So all your images need to be in a folder called

All your CSS files in a folder called CSS etc etc

With my hosting service if I upload manually not using FTP that's the first thing to do create the folder structure then upload all the files into their folder.

Did you do that?
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for looking at this.

I logged onto my hosting control panel.

I went into my domain folder which is neferium and selected the <upload> option.

Then, I was presented with a screen to 'throw' in all the files I want to upload so I went into the website folder that RSD created and dragged all the files 'as is' and uploaded them that way.

I did this a few times and each time, the same result... text with no images.

Maz
User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

I have a screen image comparing both folders...
Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Hi Maz,

I got your project, and I'm very puzzled by what I see. The folder structure is not what I normally would have expected from an SD project, so I'm wondering if, by using google drive to send it, it kind of got laid apart, you may say decompiled. I don't expect that you would be able to create it as I found it, it seems 'in raw'.

However, I got it working without doing anything but downloading and exporting it. The weird folder structure is still there. I have uploaded it to my own server for you to see: www.eikweb.net , and I will leave it there until you tell me that you have seen it. The 'head' part of the document it the puzzling one, yours is
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1">
<meta name="generator" content="RSD 5.0.3448">
<title>Index</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="framework/foundation/css/foundation.min.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="framework/foundation/css/wireframe.min.css">
<script>document.createElement( "picture" );</script>
<script class="picturefill" async="async" src="framework/foundation/js/picturefill.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Archivo:400,600,b%7CRoboto">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/customizations/main.css">
</head>

Normally, SD produces something like this:

<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1">
<meta name="generator" content="RSD 5.0.3433">
<title>Index</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/foundation.min.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/wireframe-theme.min.css">
<script>document.createElement( "picture" );</script>
<script class="picturefill" async="async" src="js/picturefill.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/main.css">
</head>

I'm writing this at length so that maybe others can help explain why there is such a difference.

So anyway, it should be possible to re-export and reupload your project, and do upload the exact contents of what you find in the '_exported' folder.

A couple of hints: Some of your images should be made smaller, physically, down to about 2000px width, and also reduce the file size somewhat. I'm talking about the two images that are now about 5 and 7 MB.
And, as Wayan has said already, don't use spaces in any file names.

If I don't hear from you within a week, I will delete your site from my server.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Hi again,

I see that you have posted something while I was working on your project. The screenshots of your folder structure are consistent with what I see after having exported your project, see my screenshot. Obviously, it was not decompiled by google drive. I'm not able to explain it, but clearly, the exported project is ok, so it can't be anything you may have 'messed up' ;)
Weird!
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

[/quote]
You should have the same folder structure and file names as your exported project file on your hosting server

So all your images need to be in a folder called

[/quote]

Not sure if you missed out a folder name... my images are in a folder called "images" with a few others outside the folder.

Maz
User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Inger,

This is very strange... I see that it works on your site but not on mine.

If it makes any difference, the hosting I have is for my company website and I can have up to 10 domains, one of which is neferium.com

I know that it definitely works because index.html works (up to a point!).

I also realise that I will have to reduce image size but I did have a problem with, I think, selecting/updating foreground/background images.

I'll reduce the size of the images but I did do that but I couldn't select the image 7.5Mb image (tarot 1.jpg) to replace it. In another post, I was told to check if it was a foreground image.

So, I'll tweak it a bit, and see what happens. I might even upload stage by stage and see each phase working before I start adding to it...

Thank you... Maz

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.