Problems uploading site to my domain;...

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Inger wrote:
Here we go again... Make a backup of it!

Probably BCS there is no link to CSS.main in the page header,after export normally it's just a link to the "min" version of CSS main
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Well, I think we ought to tell all of you who have followed these mysteries, that they have been solved. And most important: CC is just an innocent part of it, the problems happened when uploading to the server, which did not allow folder uploads! (sic!). It treated every folder as if they were just files, so no wonder the browsers did not find any images nor CSS files.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Inger,

Thank you for your help in resolving this. Very impressed.

So, I'll be using FileZilla from now on to upload my files in a clean, intact, full way! Can't believe that a hosting provider's Control Panel does not have the ability to upload folders! Maybe it's just my providers, IDK, but it's shocking that a web server transfer utility can't upload folders!!! But anyway....

I can now start on my website!

Very grateful, Maz
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Well I hate to say it but that was one of the first things I said right at the beginning, if you are manually uploading files the you have to create a folder structure exactly the same as the exported folder structure all with the same names and then upload files into the folders.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

It is a long time since I've had to do that, maybe as much as 20 years. In those days we got right into the server root, and I mean the rock bottom root, not the 'public_HTML' or 'HTTPdocs' folder that we get into now when logging into the server, and which is called the server root now. But I guess, the necessity to first create the public_HTML folder still exists on some servers.
This server had some limitations, not allowing folders to be created or uploaded via the cpanel, but when we got FileZilla tooled up, we actually got what we needed without having to create any folders ourselves.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Inger wrote:
It is a long time since I've had to do that, maybe as much as 20 years. In those days we got right into the server root, and I mean the rock bottom root, not the 'public_HTML' or 'HTTPdocs' folder that we get into now when logging into the server, and which is called the server root now. But I guess, the necessity to first create the public_HTML folder still exists on some servers.
This server had some limitations, not allowing folders to be created or uploaded via the cpanel, but when we got FileZilla tooled up, we actually got what we needed without having to create any folders ourselves.

well at least it got sorted eventually, but to manually upload a website on all of my hosting servers through Cpanel that's what you have to do, regardless of if it's good or not or whatever, that's how it is and how it has to be.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Well I hate to say it but that was one of the first things I said right at the beginning, if you are manually uploading files the you have to create a folder structure exactly the same as the exported folder structure all with the same names and then upload files into the folders.

Yes, but what confused me was that even though I couldn't open the folder to view the contents, I could view the folder index and it contained the same files on my exported RSD folder. The CP file manager would allow a 2-finger click to display a tree structure of contents. They were the same....

Anyway, FileZilla to the rescue.

Thanks, Maz

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.