Laggy Issue - Page 10 - Post ID 290150

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Update
3 hours in and so far so good but then don't cont the chickens too soon, it is around this time that things start to slow down or clog up.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Update
3 hours in and so far so good but then don't count the chickens too soon, it is around this time that things start to slow down or clog up.

Update 2
4 hour in and although not noticeable lagging, the inspector thingy, is beginning to become difficult to move things around, whatever way one does it. The bottom menu thingy (the one that shows the elements, is starting to lag, in so much as if one tries to select a different element it can take a couple of seconds to respond.

Still too early to be positive, but it looks most like that wasn't the solution to the problem after all
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
Update
3 hours in and so far so good but then don't count the chickens too soon, it is around this time that things start to slow down or clog up.

Update 2
4 hour in and although not noticeable lagging, the inspector thingy, is beginning to become difficult to move things around, whatever way one does it. The bottom menu thingy (the one that shows the elements, is starting to lag, in so much as if one tries to select a different element it can take a couple of seconds to respond.

Still too early to be positive, but it looks most like that wasn't the solution to the problem after all

Update 3
9 hour continuous use
Apart from those little niggly problems SD is showing no signs of lagging
So maybe Frank hit the nail on the head.
I have informed Alberto of everything that has been done including the installer path with no spaces. He is the developer head guru for SD so it is he who needs the last word on this
Here is hoping it is a solution
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Thanks, Wayan, for testing my musings. If anything comes of it, the credit is yours for going to such lengths.

Thanks again.
Frank
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:
Thanks, Wayan, for testing my musings. If anything comes of it, the credit is yours for going to such lengths.

Thanks again.
Frank

No the credit is yours really I have informed Alberto we are continuing to test drive it yesterday I worked on a project for 12 hours continuous with only a couple of small issues.today same project for 4 hours and so far so good so here is hoping again.

What I don't understand though is that SD version 3113 which never gave those laggy things and work fine was installed using the default path which had spaces.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

If it is a QT Windows issue -
1. it could be that the matter was introduced by a QT update;
2. the resolution could be by QT being fixed rather than by a change in the SD4 default installation.

Frank
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:
If it is a QT Windows issue -
1. it could be that the matter was introduced by a QT update;
2. the resolution could be by QT being fixed rather than by a change in the SD4 default installation.

Frank

Hi Frank
Well that ould be for Alberto to di, I know that with this last SD release (or the one before) he thought he had fixed something which he suspected was causing it I don't know what that thing was as I am a nerd for all that deep stuff.

What I do know now is that this is day 2 of working on that project file some 11 hours continuous, and the lagging is creeping in now not to the point it's unworkable but just noticeable..

So in my simple mind, it would appear that the bigger the project gets the slower it is in reacting to things one wants it to do.

Yesterday was 1 page with 4 or 5 sections, an orbit slider, headings/images text content etc etc.

Today I added 6 modal reveal windows, 2 new pages with content etc and about an hour ago it started a little bit.
So now I really am at a loss

Alberto is aware of this thread & maybe he will see your other idea.

I am calling it a day for today on this project and will continue tomorrow & see what happens.

Batten down those hatches Frank I am hearing on the grapevine another belting storm is about to hit.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
So in my simple mind, it would appear that the bigger the project gets the slower it is in reacting to things one wants it to do.

I think that has long been the case, and probably the reason for the page limit (currently 125). I have a few project files with 50 - 70 pages, and they have always been somewhat slower (but not painfully slow) to edit than projects with a handful of pages.

It seems that the larger the project file, the larger the memory usage by QtWebEngineProcess.exe, which suggests to me that QT plays a fairly significant rôle in SD4.

Frank

PS Yes, the Met. Office is predicting a significant storm. We shall see.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:

I think that has long been the case, and probably the reason for the page limit (currently 125). I have a few project files with 50 - 70 pages, and they have always been somewhat slower (but not painfully slow) to edit than projects with a handful of pages.

It seems that the larger the project file, the larger the memory usage by QtWebEngineProcess.exe, which suggests to me that QT plays a fairly significant rôle in SD4.

Frank

PS Yes, the Met. Office is predicting a significant storm. We shall see.

Yes I know that it always got slower when it got bigger but on these latest ones it starts sooner this one I am on with is only 3 pages 2 of which are virtually empty
If I open task manager there isn't even that QT thingy listed.
This is way beyond my comprehension. But what I do know is that if this situation continues whereby I have to stop work on a project after a couple of hours give it a rest then start again is not good enough. I will continue today see what happens.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hi again
Here is something that may or may not be relevant, but interesting

I have worked on the project file now for some 4 hours normally by now the lagging starts to show itself.
Today I have been working WITHOUT INTERNET ACCESS (I started the project WITH internet so I wouldn't get that message about not being able to verify my account etc)
Then I turned the internet off

So far no sign of lagging (obviously that QT thingy doesn't show on the task manager list)

This is not really an ideal way to work if one needs to have access to the internet during working hours, to have to keep turning the internet on & off..
Not sure what the tecky people will think about that but there has to be a connection to the laggy business.
but is it something to do with SD and the connection to our account
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.