Laggy Issue - Page 1 - Post ID 290095

User 236055 Photo

51 posts

Hi Guys, loving the grid editor and have got the full hang of it now....BUT one thing I have found Site Designer latest version is sooooo laggy on my machine ( Windows 10 /// i7 overclocked // 32GB ram. My machine is lightening fast with all Adobe products so its not a PC issue. Guy can you please sort this out or split the programmes up??
Web Developer UK
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Phil Brighton wrote:
Hi Guys, loving the grid editor and have got the full hang of it now....BUT one thing I have found Site Designer latest version is sooooo laggy on my machine ( Windows 10 /// i7 overclocked // 32GB ram. My machine is lightening fast with all Adobe products so its not a PC issue. Guy can you please sort this out or split the programmes up??

Very noticeable on my machine too once I get it to work at all. And often have trouble with the inspector tree thingy when moving elements around it is always playing catch up:)
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 236055 Photo

51 posts

Wayan, I just hope the devs look at this issue as it's bordering on unusable as it is currently.
Web Developer UK
User 2624719 Photo

265 posts

Hi Phil
Just a thought now SD looks and checks your using a current licence it may always be on line problem try disconnecting from the internet after the initial startup , also while of line stop any antivirus and see how that goes if you don't notice any difference then i am barking up the wrong tree worth a go though

Regards Adrian
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Phil Brighton wrote:
Wayan, I just hope the devs look at this issue as it's bordering on unusable as it is currently.

Yes same here time now for me to go back to the previous version. But it would appear nobody else is having the same issues.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

adrian horn wrote:
Hi Phil
Just a thought now SD looks and checks your using a current licence it may always be on line problem try disconnecting from the internet after the initial startup , also while of line stop any antivirus and see how that goes if you don't notice any difference then i am barking up the wrong tree worth a go though

Regards Adrian

Hi Adrian SD stops working for me when offline before I used to get the 3 days message now it just stops. I am having to go to the internet cafe now every night open SD and do some work. When home in the morning I try open SD again so I get that 3 days message again it opens and then the design panel is blanked out. I'm beginning to dislike this app now. I have tried the anti virus thingy no different. All other apps like Dreamweaver Photoshop etc open and work superbly
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2624719 Photo

265 posts

Hi Wayan
I have Noticed it is very Slow at opening now also laggy like Phil finds maybe after the holidays and CC Guru get back to work thing will get back to normal

Regards Adrian
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I'm trying to follow the thing that you are describing as 'laggy', but I'm not sure I understand. In what way laggy (other than the app itself on startup). What exactly is it that is laggy?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2624719 Photo

265 posts

Hi Inger
Laggy put simply is when you ask the program to do a task and it takes a little time longer than it should do or not respond as it should for example if you resize the page with the handle it does not follow the mouse movement as it is lagging behind . Hope that helps
Regards Adrian
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

OK, I see. How is it if you are, say, in the elements tree and have some element selected, and then go on to select another element? Does the marker change position right away, or is that also a bit laggy?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.