Laggy Issue - Page 9 - Post ID 290094

User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

I have used it for 7 hours now not experienced Adrian problem but navigating around the elements in the inspector is so erratic almost impossible to do unlike as Suzanne reports the issue fixed in the log files post otherwise so far so good.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2719045 Photo

48 posts

Sadly the issue with lag is far from resolved in 4.0.3225 almost to the point where it is unusable throughout a full days work, it appears to get progressively slower the more it is used.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

I haven't actually re-read this whole thread, but since I'm working both in Bootstrap and Foundation regularly, I have noticed that Bootstrap, when used for more than 2-3 hours, is performing worse than Foundation (which I don't find too bad, actually). This has duely been reported, and I know that it is being worked on.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Jeremy Woolger wrote:
Sadly the issue with lag is far from resolved in 4.0.3225 almost to the point where it is unusable throughout a full days work, it appears to get progressively slower the more it is used.

Yes same here after 4 hours and a couple of crashes in-between. I close it wait an hour before opening again then another couple of hours before it starts again

In the meantime I open another project which works fine for that one hour resting time for the original project
Not a ideal working day.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 236055 Photo

51 posts

Oh heck..... not what I wanted to see. Not had a huge chance to test as working in Dubai at the moment but kind of hoped this was sorted ????
Web Developer UK
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

It may well be totally irrelevant, but, if the problem is confined to Windows users, this page, under the heading 'Installation location', is interesting. By default in Windows 10, SD4 has the QT executable installed in a folder called "Site Designer" (C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Site Designer\).

I wonder whether there are Windows users who installed SD4 in a sub- folder with no space in its name, and who use SD4 for hours without trouble. If so, perhaps the problem is not a programming one at all, but rather a matter of where users install SD4.

Frank
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Yesterday I was working in SD and left it open while I went to work on something else. When I went back into SD and it was locked up...well sort of. I clicked several places and was going to open up task manager to kill the task when SD came back to life. I should mention, all other applications that I had opened where working fine.

Learn something, Share something.
User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:
It may well be totally irrelevant, but, if the problem is confined to Windows users, this page, under the heading 'Installation location', is interesting. By default in Windows 10, SD4 has the QT executable installed in a folder called "Site Designer" (C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Site Designer\).

I wonder whether there are Windows users who installed SD4 in a sub- folder with no space in its name, and who use SD4 for hours without trouble. If so, perhaps the problem is not a programming one at all, but rather a matter of where users install SD4.

Frank

So what if users like me simply choose the default location as provided by the installer should that not be the correct location and format. Previously the at thingy was chewing up RAM now the at thingy doesn't even appear on the list when viewing in task manager.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Ok so now I have installed SD4 v3225 onto a clean pc with nothing but CC SD and browsers (except of course the windows gubbins, and antivirus stuff/
I installed SD into a directory thingy WITHOUT the spaces, as Frank suggested, apart from having to rename that roaming data stuff, to get the components back. everything at the moment is hunky-dory

It\s 2:30 am here in Jave the start of another busy day, so I will be updating the news on the performance of Sd later today

FINGERS CROSSED, TOES CROSSED, LEGS CROSSED eyes would be crossed but then wouldn't be able to see. Lina is also crossing everything too in the hope that there will be no more explosions and expletives emanating from the office/
Here's hoping
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

So what exactly is the path to SD on your new machine?

I'm following this, and as for me, I have lagging issues mainly with Bootstrap. Having been using BS in SD nearly all day today, it was extremely slow before I closed it half an hour ago and opened a Foundation file.
I'm mainly using Windows, sometimes MacOS though. Now I'll first spend some time with that Foundation file I opened, and maybe tomorrow I'll go over to Mac, to see what happens there.

Wayan, keep everything possible crossed, but watch your wires! :lol:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.