Laggy Issue - Page 11 - Post ID 290094

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

It seems there could be a combination of factors involved.

1. The incremental memory use by QT: it seems more easily observed in the Windows Task Manager Details* tab if one sets the 'Update speed' to High in the View tab. Whether this affects the performance of SD4 seems unclear.
2. The SD4 subscription policing: data passing to or from the computer via the internet seems bound to have some effect, but that effect may be very small depending on one's internet connection and security software(firewall and checking of the data).
3. The QT installation location matter for Windows computers.

Now that you, Wayan, have drawn these matters to the attention of the developers and are monitoring it, I simply look forward to any updates of SD4/QT that ameliorate the situation.

Frank

* I have found that, if the computer has a lot going on, it can be difficult to spot QtWebEngineProcess.exe in a list that is jumping up and down.

User 2942998 Photo

74 posts

So I finally got fed up with 3225 and the delays, especially since I'm a "clicker", if something doesn't happen, I'm clicking again. This of course causes a huge problem when 25 clicks catch up 10 seconds later.
I have been working and using Process Explorer to monitor performance, when idle SD is sucking up 20% (34% at one time) CPU and QT goes from 65K to 696K for Private Bytes and Working Set. I also noticed that somewhere along the line QT gained some weight and went from 22KB to over 400KB(??) same version 5.14, I also noticed that (and I am in no way a programmer, developer or the like) that the GPU looks to be disabled? Not sure I understand that since it could be doing some of the graphic load (so I'm told).
I down rev'd to SD 3196 and QtWeb seems to be doing better (stays at 294KB / 286KB Private / Working), no lag at this point where 3225 would have been restarted 2 or 3 times. I see where there is a lot of conversation on QtWeb, I will say that QT is also used in Autodesk Inventor which I will guess is far more resource intensive than SD, and I have never experienced an issue with any renderings, lag or delays.
I'm not sure what the gain is form 3196 to 3225, but for me 3196 seems much better.

Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7, 32 Gig Ram, 4 Gig Video, 2TB SSD Primary drive.
User 2942998 Photo

74 posts

Has anybody found a working version of Site Designer that doesn't have the lag?
User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

Keith Van Wemmer wrote:
Has anybody found a working version of Site Designer that doesn't have the lag?

Version 3113

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2942998 Photo

74 posts

How can I get that? 3180 is the first version I have.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

You have to contact CC support. But there will be updates in the pipeline, which are good.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

Keith Van Wemmer wrote:
How can I get that? 3180 is the first version I have.

I wouldn't know
but if I was you I would hang on just a little bit further if you can, they have been working very hard all one of him ALBERTO) along with a few of the users, to try to get this issue solved, there will be a new release shortly which at last seems to have solved it, or at least reduced it, (still in testing but looks hopeful)

If you can't hang on any longer, maybe raise a support ticket, let them know your problem, they may be could send you build 3113 or give you a timeframe,
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2942998 Photo

74 posts

I get they are working on it, I'm a little sensitized to the issue since its been happening since day one of my full suite purchase on all 5 revisions. Stack that on top of learning a new program, re-doing a website with all of the program issues and trying to figure out if it's user or app.
It's been a frustrating past couple of weeks...however...having to keep doing things over multiple times sure makes you learn the program.

Thank you, I will try to breath and be patient.
User 2942998 Photo

74 posts

Unsure if anyone has mentioned this but I was working in RED and left it open overnight, returned in this morning and resumed some formatting and noticed there was a significant lag in the program too. Not as bad as what happens with SD4 but still some performance commonality, guessing they use shared components so thought it might be worth a mention.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Keith Van Wemmer wrote:
Unsure if anyone has mentioned this but I was working in RED and left it open overnight, returned in this morning and resumed some formatting and noticed there was a significant lag in the program too. Not as bad as what happens with SD4 but still some performance commonality, guessing they use shared components so thought it might be worth a mention.

Hi Keith,

First of all stop doing that!!! :P:lol:

If you are finished working in a project save and close regardless of what application your using Coffeecup or not. It is poor practice to leave apps running over night and with Windows its even better to reboot your computer at least once a day.

It would be unfair to any developer to complain about laggyness when trying to run it 24 hours a day especially if your dealing with your power saving modes that Windows often has running.

Quick question. If you save your work and close the program then come back to work on it another day are you still having lag issues? Personally I have never had lag issues with any of Coffeecup's software. Perhaps other minor bugs here or there but not lag.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.