Laggy Issue - Page 12 - Post ID 290078

User 2942998 Photo

74 posts

Steve...I just cant help myself! I actually have multiple apps running for days without shutting them down like Illustrator, Photoshop, Autodesk inventor, Outlook, Quickbooks....

I'm a bad man...I don't even reboot my PC but once every couple of weeks maybe.

As far as RED, a restart fixes the issue like in SD, I know they are working on it, just adding more clues...or being a PIA.
User 315657 Photo

47 posts

I had a severe Site Designer lag issue a few weeks ago, which led me to be concerned that I was doing something fundamentally wrong. When I opened it the next day, the lag was gone.

Then it happened again yesterday, and it made me think of this thread. The common element between both episodes was that Photoshop Elements was open. I've had a similar thing happen with a 3d render program with PSE open - the 3D program starts to lag.

When I don't leave PSE open for long, the lag doesn't happen in either program. It is almost like it bloats over time.

My "solution" may not be related to the Site Designer issue of others in this thread, but mentioning it just in case.
User 556652 Photo

146 posts
Online Now

I am not working a project right now so I was wondering how the "Laggy Issue" is now with the newest update?

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I have not had much problem with lagginess myself, except in Bootstrap, where it used to be noticeable after some two-three hours of working. This has become much better, and I hear others also saying that there isn't much lagging at all now.

And to Jeff, just above here: I'm using Photoshop and Lightroom, and I very often have at least one of them open while working in SD. They are known to use a lot of PC resources, but it hasn't bothered me much.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 556652 Photo

146 posts
Online Now

@Inger

Yeah. I loaded it and left it open for a bit just to test but, I am dealing with taxes right now so don't have the time. Good to hear the positives. Anything positive right now is a blessing. You and all Coffeecuppers stay healthy and safe.

4,782 posts

lwetzel wrote:
@Inger

Yeah. I loaded it and left it open for a bit just to test but, I am dealing with taxes right now so don't have the time. Good to hear the positives. Anything positive right now is a blessing. You and all Coffeecuppers stay healthy and safe.

Worked on SD for my usual long day (12hours continuous) Photoshop,Dreamweaver, and a couple of others open at the same time with no obvious lagging issues.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 236055 Photo

51 posts

Having started this thread I can confirm the latest update has big improvements. Hope everyone else notices this.

Stay safe everyone we're facing some crazy times #covid-19
Web Developer UK
User 2942998 Photo

74 posts

Build 3256 is a huge improvement, been running for 2 days with no issues, other than 1 page in my site causes some sort of a refresh making the screen go black, I can live with that and sure it will get fixed.

Thank the CC team for what appears to be a resolution to this issue.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Keith Van Wemmer wrote:
Build 3256 is a huge improvement, been running for 2 days with no issues, other than 1 page in my site causes some sort of a refresh making the screen go black, I can live with that and sure it will get fixed.

Don't speak too soon after 4 days and more than 4 hours continuous use it starts but not as bad as previous builds
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Keith Van Wemmer wrote:

Don't speak too soon after 4 days and more than 4 hours continuous each day use, it starts but not as bad as previous builds
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.