Laggy Issue - Page 5 - Post ID 290077

User 236055 Photo

51 posts

Bosco wrote:
Oh really, Mine is crashing solid with only task manger to kill it. It still has a incremental memory problem in the QT5 engine.

How strange... are you using the version 3189 ??? Ah just seen the PNG! Emmmmm have to say mine is working really well now but I suppose that's no use if you still have issues. Here is my system if it helps:

Windows 10 Pro
i7 Overclocked
SSD 1TB
32GB Ram
Web Developer UK
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Windows 10 home, 8gb memory, i5...it's a older Lenovo laptop. I should check it out on my other box. Almost exactly your setup but not overclocked. That screen shot was mine.

Just for the fun of it, open SD and open a task manager window. Select the details tab. Fire up SD and find where the the QtWebEngineProcess is. Create a bootstrap 4 project. Add a h1, a p, and a list container. Now over in the task manager look what the memory is doing. On mine it is incrementing 4k a second. It will continue to grow even though you are not doing anything in SD. Next try to select and edit text using the triple click method. Bounce around and see if you can crash the program. That's been a new problem I've never had before until this 3189 version.

After I get some sleep I will see how the program handles on my desktop.
Learn something, Share something.
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

The latest version I can download is 3180. I haven't been really hammering the program or noticed any laggy issues. I'm using a PC.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 236055 Photo

51 posts

Bosco wrote:
Windows 10 home, 8gb memory, i5...it's a older Lenovo laptop. I should check it out on my other box. Almost exactly your setup but not overclocked. That screen shot was mine.

Just for the fun of it, open SD and open a task manager window. Select the details tab. Fire up SD and find where the the QtWebEngineProcess is. Create a bootstrap 4 project. Add a h1, a p, and a list container. Now over in the task manager look what the memory is doing. On mine it is incrementing 4k a second. It will continue to grow even though you are not doing anything in SD. Next try to select and edit text using the triple click method. Bounce around and see if you can crash the program. That's been a new problem I've never had before until this 3189 version.

After I get some sleep I will see how the program handles on my desktop.

Yeah I see that, what the hell is it doing????
Web Developer UK
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

If I have understood the posts in this thread correctly, the latest released version of SD4 is Build 3180, and there are further test versions being developed (up to at least Build 3189) in the hope of fixing this matter.

From what I have read (e.g. https://sensorstechforum.com/remove-qtw … exe-virus/), QtWebEngineProcess.exe seems to be some sort of browser monitoring program, and I guess it will therefore affect the program speed primarily of those with slow internet connections, rather than being related to the specifications of the computer itself - unless it has extremely low Random Access Memory (RAM).

Since there has been no suggestion that it is not intentionally used by SD4 Build 380, I assume it is not unconnected with the control ("subscription") measures mentioned in this thread.

Unless an update fixing the issue appears soon, I think it will help if the CoffeeCup team comment here on the matter.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Frank, what you are saying absolutely makes very good sense to me. Here in Norway I have a sturdy and good internet connection, so I don't have any big issues with 3180. As I was in Turkey this autumn, I had the same laptop, but a lousy internet connection, and I found everything on my computer was slow. At that time we were all using SD build 3113, which seems to be working well for Wayan and Adrian now, but back in October it was really a draaaaag for me on that Turkish connection. Every other programme (e.g. Adobe Lightroom and PS) were slow too.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:
If I have understood the posts in this thread correctly, the latest released version of SD4 is Build 3180, and there are further test versions being developed (up to at least Build 3189) in the hope of fixing this matter.

From what I have read (e.g. https://sensorstechforum.com/remove-qtw … exe-virus/), QtWebEngineProcess.exe seems to be some sort of browser monitoring program, and I guess it will therefore affect the program speed primarily of those with slow internet connections, rather than being related to the specifications of the computer itself - unless it has extremely low Random Access Memory (RAM).

Since there has been no suggestion that it is not intentionally used by SD4 Build 380, I assume it is not unconnected with the control ("subscription") measures mentioned in this thread.

Unless an update fixing the issue appears soon, I think it will help if the CoffeeCup team comment here on the matter.

Frank

The difference for me between the two versions is that 3113 can operate without an internet connection and can function properly for as long as one needs it to.
build 3180 requires one to be connected to the internet when first opening otherwise it is opened as a trial version. Which starts to become a problem after less than a day due to the thing not working properly.
So if one opens 3180 with internet connection and uses it for more than an hour or sometimes less that's when the laggy thingies start to kick in.
So it would appear to my simple mind that 3180 uses the internet connection in the background for something hence the memory thingy issues start to kick in
I cannot and am unwilling to test 3189 at the moment because I have a lot of work to complete so I await in hope that the issue will be fixed but in the meanwhile 3113 works wonders just done a full 18 hours off line with it almost non stop and no problems
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
So it would appear ... that 3180 uses the internet connection in the background for something hence the memory thingy issues start to kick in

I suspect that the "something" is QtWebEngineProcess.exe.

Perhaps someone using Build 3113 would check the Windows 10 Task Manager while SD 4 is running to see whether QtWebEngineProcess.exe appears in the Details tab.

Frank
User 556652 Photo

146 posts

Frank Cook wrote:
Perhaps someone using Build 3113 would check the Windows 10 Task Manager while SD 4 is running to see whether QtWebEngineProcess.exe appears in the Details tab.

It does but it SD 3.5 also has two of them showing.

1,533 posts

Thanks, Iwetzel, for checking. It seems that either the program QtWebEngineProcess.exe has been changed since builds earlier than 3180, or it's something else altogether.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.