I had something weird happen with a...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

Wayan, I didn't see your question about a mail until a couple of minutes ago. I just sent one off.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Inger, Did you send one to me or Wayan? Try sending me an email if you haven't already. Email is at the bottom of my profile if you don't have it any more.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

I don't know if Wayan saw the link to your project or not, but I sent it to him by mail so that I could delete your post.

I looked at the project, but it didn't look as if the message box had been updated lately. The message which was there, was about closing for July 4th.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

That was the message that was already there and I think that was the last update. If you go to the actual website and look at the code source you'll see the new update but it doesn't show upon the website, just in the code.
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

This has to be some kind of a caching issue. I just went and checked the site and the notice now shows on the site after almost 12 hours. What the hell?
User 2699991 Photo

4,799 posts

Ernie Hodge wrote:
This has to be some kind of a caching issue. I just went and checked the site and the notice now shows on the site after almost 12 hours. What the hell?

If I was you I would upload the JS files again to the server, I'm getting errors that js files are missing
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

When I uploaded the file this morning I noticed even though the code was there that the notice box was where it usually is located but not where I moved it. I just went into SD and double checked the layout and the box was where I had moved it and wanted it. I made a small edit to the text, saved the project, exported the project and uploaded it.

It worked like it's always worked in the past and no issues. I'm going with a caching issue or maybe a corrupted upload.

Wayan and Inger, if either of you find anything else I'd like to know.

Wayan, I'm all for finding out why you can't get my emails. Just let me know if you want to find out. If not that's OK as well. Thanks for trying.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

Ernie Hodge wrote:

I had a lot such caching problems this summer when I was working for a company in California, and as you probably know, I'm half the globe away living in Norway. I updated things, and it took 2-3 days before it became visible on the web. The company owner accused me for laziness, as he didn't believe what I was telling him.
I can understand that it may take a bit of time if the signals have to pass through a zillion of nodes on their way, but in your case, Ernie, I'm sure you are much closer to to the destination (unless you are uploading to a server in Australia, that is).
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

Ernie Hodge wrote:

Wayan, I'm all for finding out why you can't get my emails. Just let me know if you want to find out. If not that's OK as well. Thanks for trying.

What Frank said earlier in this thread may be worth researching. I see for example that I can hardly send a mail anymore if it has an attachment including a js file. I tried sending something to somebody earlier this evening, but I had to use the dropbox. I find this tendency of browsers trying to actually 'babysit' us, is making it more and more difficult getting things done.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Wayan,
I just saw your post above about uploading the js files. The only time I didn't do that was the very fist upload. I just went through the site and didn't get any errors.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.