Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Just an FYI to all that I will be out of the office for the rest of the week and heading to New Orleans, so my comments to posts will be very slim. Shopping Cart Designer will not be released this week so everyone can take a break on the F5 key for a bit ;)

Next week we are going to be making all the final preparations for the launch of the program and will post a definitive launch date so everyone will know exactly when to come back to our Website.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

In that context, we all look forward to pestering you again next week. :D

For those kicking their heels about the later launch date, the developers of the other cart software I use, have been on the verge of launching their 'new version' for over a year now.
User 418232 Photo

23 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Just an FYI to all that I will be out of the office for the rest of the week and heading to New Orleans, so my comments to posts will be very slim. Shopping Cart Designer will not be released this week so everyone can take a break on the F5 key for a bit ;)

Next week we are going to be making all the final preparations for the launch of the program and will post a definitive launch date so everyone will know exactly when to come back to our Website.

This has been posted in totally the wrong section. I've been waiting in the Designer forums for some news/release. Also, CC stated that Designer would be released this week...what's happened?
Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

Some carts allow you link to UPS, USPS and other international and domestic shipping carriers to calculate a real time shipping quote to their orders.

Do you think this is something that CC could do with this software. I have many clients that are wanting this feature for their websites and it be great to hook them up with this shopping cart and with this feature it will take away the headache of trying to figure out exactly how the shipping is going to be covered.

I know another cart that with USPS you can apply for an IPN and get a code interfaces with the shopping cart. This be awesome!

User 515922 Photo

57 posts

Hi Kim,
Scott said this will be addressed in a later version. Maybe as an add-in module.

I'm anxiously waiting for it also.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Kim Rickman wrote:
Some carts allow you link to UPS, USPS and other international and domestic shipping carriers to calculate a real time shipping quote to their orders.

Do you think this is something that CC could do with this software. I have many clients that are wanting this feature for their websites and it be great to hook them up with this shopping cart and with this feature it will take away the headache of trying to figure out exactly how the shipping is going to be covered.

I know another cart that with USPS you can apply for an IPN and get a code interfaces with the shopping cart. This be awesome!

Trouble with that idea Kim, is that SCC has an international customer base. If you had USPS options, thse would be totally useless for those folks that reside outside the states.

A total revamp of the shipping system to work on weight and a simple destination area, would work well for everyone that uses it. Those of us that have variance in product weights can't use it in its current format, without either losing out on the shipping of multi purchases, or ripping our customers off with excessive shipping costs. :mad:
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

WILL_UK wrote:

Trouble with that idea Kim, is that SCC has an international customer base. If you had USPS options, thse would be totally useless for those folks that reside outside the states.

Maybe a basic function like you describe would be good for the in cart version, with add-ons being available for UPS, USPS, and FedEx, like they do for PayPal, Google, and such on payment options.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

I think the modular route for add ons, would certainly be a viable direction for SCC. The core program itself certainly needs features that are generic to all users, rather than region specific.

The sub categories and the price variants on options that will be features on the pro version, are both much needed improvements and will make the pro version a lot more useful in the types of web environments it can be placed in. A more flexible range of shipping options in the core program is however essential to take the product forward. Two things that affect shipping prices are weight and destination. SCC ideally needs to utilise the weight input in SCC, (which is currently display only) a lot more effectively. Alternatively being able to input three (or four) different shipping prices for different destinations on the item description page, could also work, with the site builder defining those three (or four) destination areas to appear on the cart pages shipping dropdown. Those destination areas typically being allocated something along the lines of local area, this country, surrounding countries, other countries, obviously the exact wording defined by the site owner to suit their own particular needs.

I don't want SCC to become an overburdened piece of cart software, as some of us still use that other type of software, which is considerably more difficult to configure and maintain. :mad: What I do need though, is a shipping system that is more accurate in working out shipping costs.
User 204387 Photo

138 posts

Hi,

Pixel Ruler:
Working on additional pages at the moment.
If you are using Opera browser there is a handy pixel ruler widget for free download.
Using it at the moment to decide what goes where in browser environment
before opening CC editor. In particular to determine widths and margins,
to mirror the margins used by the Cart.

Baz.
User 418232 Photo

23 posts

Scott,

Any reason behind the release of Shopping Cart 3.7 today? I couldn't see anything different.

David
Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.