Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Hi Viv. It is possible to put a text field on your product display page using html. In effect, a 'one field' form with submit button. You can define the form to either email you with the contents or to store it on a folder in your web site.

It is possible with a little bit of coding to combine the add to cart and submit button into one function.. Whilst not ideal, it does work ok.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Thanks for the suggestion will,

Unfortunately my ability to use html is about NIL hence i like cc programs so much

Using a form is awkward as each form needs to return to original product

But i have faith that CC will come up with this option in time, just sooner would be better than later

As we all know shoppers like everything in one place, not having to go from page to form, and back to page again :/

I have tried this idea before (link below) but i think this only works with SOME email systems ? (doese not work with my webmail, so i guess some customers have similar set up to mine)

http://www.jewelleryhandmade.co.uk/cart … ductid=246

viv
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

One of my own sites gives the opportunity for customers to personalise items. Problem I have found with that though, is if they leave the text box blank, I still end up chasing customers to confirm whether they want the item personalising (or not).

One thing is truly certain about customers, you can never assume that they'll read the item description and follow the simplest of instructions. :) Bless them... lol
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Well it seemed like a good idea, i added an email link, to all of my name/initial/ring/pendant listings like this one below (site before designer)

http://www.jewelleryhandmade.co.uk/cart … ductid=246

worked fine

then i uploaded using designer version different server url etc.

http://www.signetinitialmasonicnamering … ductid=246

And its all off centre

ANY IDEAS

I have deleted them all now only about 50

Viv

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Just a slight error in syntax is enough to throw any web function into disarray. May be something as simple as a missing bracket, or a comma in the wrong place.

If the second site is on a completely different server, it may just be that you need to alter, or configure through your control panel to get it to work. Figure out what is the difference between your two set ups.

Solving web problems all comes down to a matter of elimination. Eliminate the impossible and only the possible remains, as a famous fictional British detective once claimed. :/
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I'll assume it's fixed since it looks just fine to me?
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

The top link is original version and button is off to left as intended

Second link (blue background) is designer version, button is right of centre.

No edit to cart just using designer template ! (and still rong in IE8)

The new button i was creating had more text and was wider,

It ended up starting roughly central and finishing way off the page .(hence i deleted them all)

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I see what you mean now, yeah that is a problem there, I didn't catch that the first time that you meant in IE8 sorry. I must have looked in FF before and not IE8 so missed the bar being to the right, and by quite a bit actually. Don't know an answer for this one, just wanted to comment that I do see it that way too.
User 36277 Photo

2 posts

I'm trying out the trial version and in my particular case I have some items where they require memo fields for the optional fields. Is there a way to make the options a memo instead of a drop down list?

Also, I made my logo a gif image with transparancy so that it would blend with the background in the theme, but the program converted it to jpg and the background was black. Seems that to make the logo blend properly it could have been left as a gif. Is there some reason that it had to convert it to jpg?

Thanks.

Michael Meade

User 547521 Photo

5 posts

I want to be able to upload my items from a .csv file or other database. Going one item at a time is a pain.

Also, it would be nice if "Short Description" was optional, since some items have no more of a description than is found in the title. However, currently the "Short Description" cannot be deleted and shows on the page.

Also, I tried the new Shopping Cart Designger Pro, and can't really see much in the way of advantages, did I miss something here?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.