Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 440476 Photo

26 posts

I don't know if this has been suggested before as I could only stand to go through 12 or so pages :)
Since there will be sub categories soon, it'd be nice if there was a breadcrumb listing below the category title on each page as you navigate (like you have here on the forums: Home >> Forums >> CoffeeCup Shopping Cart Creator >>Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator ). It makes it so much easier to navigate once you have a bunch of sub categories.

Also, is there a plan to have a 'continue shopping' button after adding something to the cart? It'd be nice to have so the customer doesn't have to navigate all the way back if they saw something else they wanted to add. I think I might have seen that suggested but can't remember.

Thanks! Sorry for the redundancy, if any!
-Jeff
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Jeff Z wrote:
I don't know if this has been suggested before as I could only stand to go through 12 or so pages :)
Since there will be sub categories soon, it'd be nice if there was a breadcrumb listing below the category title on each page as you navigate (like you have here on the forums: Home >> Forums >> CoffeeCup Shopping Cart Creator >>Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator ). It makes it so much easier to navigate once you have a bunch of sub categories.

Also, is there a plan to have a 'continue shopping' button after adding something to the cart? It'd be nice to have so the customer doesn't have to navigate all the way back if they saw something else they wanted to add. I think I might have seen that suggested but can't remember.

Thanks! Sorry for the redundancy, if any!
-Jeff

Hiya Jeff, I believe the bread crumbs are planned into the Pro version already so that will be great!

For your continue shopping thing, what I did was not have it go to the cart when they add things to it and have it leave them where they are at the time. There's a setting somewhere to do this, I can't recall off hand but if you can't find it just hollar and I'll fire it up and take a look.
User 440476 Photo

26 posts

Jo Ann -- thanks for the info on the breadcrumbs. That's good news!

I had been weighing the pros and cons of that... I had also been considering implementing a cart item count like the one you have in your header. I don't know -- I like the fact that it goes to the cart after adding an item...I remember reading somewhere that it helps with conversions and I am sure I can find it if I look hard enough. I also have real world experience with it that proved to me that it did help. I have been operating a high volume online store, I designed, for 8 years. It uses another cart software that I won't mention. But I will say that it was originally setup to just add to the cart and change the cart item count/total that I had in the header. People would continuously add another, and then another, not realizing that it was actually adding the items to the cart. I had tons of abandoned carts that were costing me money with Adwords leads. I changed it to go to the cart after adding an item and the abandoned carts dropped by 90% -- no kidding. I never looked back. Just some food for thought.

- Jeff
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Interesting information, things I myself have not really thought about a whole lot. I'll have to consider that myself and maybe have it go to the cart instead. You definitely should put that as a suggestion in the suggestions thread for SCC &/or Pro if you haven't already :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I would love to see an Export to .csv file so that we can more easily make transfers from our basic shops to our pro shops (changes that have been made since we transferred to Pro such as:

Transferred shop to Pro to work on it, but it's not live yet, while the live shop is still using the Basic version. Granted this will mostly be needed only for this transition, but it would be a huge help in the end for those of us that have added a lot of extra products to our live shops that we haven't gotten into the Pro shop we're working on yet. Would make putting those in easier.

Not sure if something like this is possible, but maybe a partial .csv file rather than full shop? Say exporting just a category where we can then just reorganize them after we import them. Would be easy for us to then just move anything we have that is new to a separate category for exporting. Not sure if that would be more work or less so just putting it out there for thought.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
I would love to see an Export to .csv file so that we can more easily make transfers from our basic shops to our pro shops (changes that have been made since we transferred to Pro such as:

Transferred shop to Pro to work on it, but it's not live yet, while the live shop is still using the Basic version. Granted this will mostly be needed only for this transition, but it would be a huge help in the end for those of us that have added a lot of extra products to our live shops that we haven't gotten into the Pro shop we're working on yet. Would make putting those in easier.

Not sure if something like this is possible, but maybe a partial .csv file rather than full shop? Say exporting just a category where we can then just reorganize them after we import them. Would be easy for us to then just move anything we have that is new to a separate category for exporting. Not sure if that would be more work or less so just putting it out there for thought.

You don't have to export anything to go to the Pro version. All you do is open your shop in the pro version and you are done. No exporting needed.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yep, but I think you misunderstand my need. A while back I exported a copy of my shop with all the current things I had in it to use for the Pro beta setup and testing. Since that same file seems to be working fine with the new version if figure I'll keep that one, but....

My live shop has since had over 6 or 7 dozen new items added to it that I don't have in my Pro shop since I didn't add them to both at the same time (should have but was being lazy lol), so I have quite a few new products to put from my basic shop to my pro shop. Hopefully that makes sense.

It's not something that will really be used on an every day basis, mostly only if someone is doing interim updates to a basic shop while working on a pro shop that isn't live yet. Hopefully I'm making sense here lol. Not everyone will start out with the Pro version, although many will, and then changing to the Pro version is a lot of changing that needs to be done before it should really go live so in the meantime you're still maintaining the basic shop.

Obviously even if this was added it won't help me as by that time I'll have it all entered I'm sure lol, but I sure was thinking it would be nice to be able to export my additions to my basic cart since I copied it for my Pro cart so I wouldn't have to copy/paste/edit/etc. all the new things all over again when I realized I couldn't export to .csv from the basic cart :P
User 1889483 Photo

2 posts

Suggestion from The Netherlands / Europe:

Please guys look for another check out option for users in Europe. Your software is good, but I think I would get more customers if there were other options.

Google checkout and Authorize don't work here, Paypal is not very popular.

Please try to implement www.ogone.com in your software, they cover a big part of Europe and they offer many more popular checkout options with different banks for Europe and The Netherlands....

Thnx!

Roger
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

With the release of Shopping Cart Creator Pro, we have included 2 new merchants, 2Checkout and WorldPay. Both of these merchants offer services in Europe.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 466997 Photo

65 posts

This might be for PRO and I'm not sure if some of this is already included in either SCC version...

I'd like the software to:

1. Send an automated email to each purchaser with full details of their order (like an invoice).

2. This email (or the invoice embedded in it) will have a reference number (unique invoice/customer number?) and the purchaser can use this to log onto the website and check the status of their order. This is really useful and would save having to deal with emails.

3. Also some accounting functions would be great so I can enter what prices I bought the products for, what I'm selling them for and all the shipping/P&P both to the client and what I've had to pay to get the goods to me in the first place.

4. With regards to items that I am not selling directly (like shipping/P&P products i.e. boxes, labels, paper etc) I can get them on the Cart system by creating a category, listing each item there but not publishing the category. This means that at least at the moment I can get them on for inventory purposes but it would be good if all this can be included in the accounting as well. At the moment I use a spreadsheet and have to enter everything there but it would be wonderful to have all this 'under one roof.

5. Reporting Function for both stock and finance.

Think that's it for now :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.