Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 1873422 Photo

59 posts

tassietiger wrote:
Took a bit of finding but here is their clause:

6.4 Seller Discouragement Policy. You agree that PayPal may suspend your account or otherwise prohibit your use of the PayPal service if you display PayPal as an accepted payment method on your website or eBay listing and subsequently prohibit the use of PayPal, surcharge for the use of PayPal, or otherwise discourage the use of PayPal as a payment mechanism.

This has been quite an eye opener. Makes you want to read fine prints -- no matter how fine they get. Thanks!
My tee shirt site http://www.teedojo.com, warmly and fuzzily done with SCC + SCD. I kinda like it even if I've yet to sell any shirts! Hah!

Catch me and say hi!. I don't bite, but I will help you with your website so you can kickstart your web presence today.
User 31882 Photo

4 posts

As Mentioned before I was seeing the confusion of the shipping destination and taxes. I see that the shipping destination always defaults to "International" . I have two options for my shipping an Instore Pick up and normal shipping. If they are going to do an instore pick up most likey they will not select a shipping destination, which means no taxes will be added to price. Is there a way that we can set the default to show a certain state? That way the proper taxes are added and that will most likely prompt them to change that section if they are not in that state.
I have a note on the page to make sure they change it for proper tax rates but as we all know people dont read that kind of stuff as they are so use to just clicking their way through these sites.

www.donaanadivers.com/shop

Thanks,
Kelly
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

I do not believe it is possible with the current version. However, I believe the pro version, when its released has it relative to states.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Kelly,

The Pro version will address this in a way that will require them to make a choice in order to finish the transactions which should help quite a bit, but the basic version at this time is unable to do this.

Might be that altering the names of your shipping categories will change them to the default one you want, but I'll have to look at it to get a better idea of how the defaults work on it currently.
User 2117648 Photo

1 post

Hi,
I have bought many coffecup progs to create a webshop (Visual Site Designer, Shopping Cart designer, Shopping Cart Creator, Website Color Schemer, Flash Menu Builder and Photo Gallery)

Now I want to add iDEAL payments through multisafepay to my payment options. In the Netherlands, most people pay with iDEAL and not with paypal (most people don't have credit cards here).

Upon reading the support forums, I see that others have asked the same question before.

How can I add this to my shopping cart?

Multisafepay offers several API's to integrate iDEAL in your webshop (php, asp, dotNET):
http://www.multisafepay.com/en/techniek … elijk.html

Please help me! Thank you

So my suggestion is to add this as a payment option

All the best
-Joost
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Now that pro is 'on the horizon' (just don't ask how far that horizon is..:)), I am hoping that some serious consideration will now be given to providing a 'fluid width' option to Cart Creator, in addition to the current two fixed width options. :rolleyes:

With the plethora of LCD monitors available now, there is a vast array of screen resolutions around and from a design perspective I would rather utilise the screen space to fill the viewers screen, rather than wasting 'dead space' on either side of the cart. With display resolutions of 2000 px quite common on the larger monitors now, that 'dead space' can be quite significant.

User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

I'd go for downloadable products ahead of fluid width as you'd think that it would be easier to implement as fluid width has knock on effects throughout Designer as well. Have to agree though, fluid width would be nice!
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

In the CSS stylesheet of other programs, you simply change container width from px to % . In three major open source programs I have used, that simple code change takes less than 20 seconds. Just hope the team haven't created code that excludes that fluid width option, as that would eventually put Cart Creator at a major design disadvantage.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I just want to choose my own width. Pixels is fine. The limitation of two fixed widths that can't be changed makes me want to stick my finger in jelly donuts. :/
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 379793 Photo

1 post

I didn't see anyone asking about an admin area for the Shopping Cart Creator Pro.

1. Is there going to be an admin area where the shop owner can add/delete products from the store directly on the server, without having to upload the entire cart?

2. Also, will there be a method where the shop owner can bulk upload his/her products and/or categories.

I am waiting patiently for the pro version to come out.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.