Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I do believe this issue is addressed in the Pro version. I don't remember exactly what it does to address it but I'm pretty sure it will be better :)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Yes, that feature is part of the Pro version ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Yes, that feature is part of the Pro version ;)

Thank you! Thank You!

**** the cat licks Scott's feet, but muses as to what that interesting flavour is? ****

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt70/daretodream_photo/cat-white-back.jpg
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 345577 Photo

373 posts

Eskellent!!!! n'yuk, n'yuk...
User 103831 Photo

foos@coffeecup.com
15 posts

An advance sorry if this has been asked.
Is there away to disable the add to cart buttion with certian products?
Resions:
1) I have the product but currently out of stock
2) Its a new product coming and I want it for people to see in the cart area but not want them to be able to purchase it

is it possible to have a Check Box in "More Options" for "Disable Add to Cart Buttion" or something along that line.

The other good thing for this option is, i am doing a site for a flower company where the client wants to be able to constantly have an updated list of there invantory online BUT they dont want to sell online.
Since Shopping Cart is such an easy tool this would be very easy for them and they can do it on there own BUT i would need to disable the add to cart buttion.

Is this at all possible? Would help on alot of sites I am currently working on and getting the client to buy shopping cart to use them selves.
Thanks,
BCOOLJ :cool:
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

hiya bcoolj,

I think the Pro version will help you in most ways, but I don't think you'll be able to have some products priced and some not priced on the same shop. I believe it will end up being all or nothing, but we'll have to see what they do with it in the end.
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

bcoolj wrote:

is it possible to have a Check Box in "More Options" for "Disable Add to Cart Buttion" or something along that line.

BUT i would need to disable the add to cart buttion.

Is this at all possible? Would help on alot of sites I am currently working on and getting the client to buy shopping cart to use them selves.
Thanks,
BCOOLJ :cool:

css will hide the add to cart button, add this to the css/default.css file at the bottom.

.buylink{
display: none
}

The check out won't work if you have no payment type specified.
Besides, you can hide the view cart link in the same way..

User 2076081 Photo

11 posts

I already started a thread regarding this, but howsabout' adding Amazon Payments to the allowed choices? It seems a natural, really. :D

Thanks a million!,
Lyn
User 25793 Photo

29 posts

Not Sure about Amazon

Had bad experiences with Amazon on all levels.. personally I wouldn't trust Amazon with my worst enemies' money let alone my own funds.

They have some very 'dodgy' small print.. all related to chargebacks.. withholding of funds etc .. good for a buyer.. NOT good for a seller.. had to find out the hard way.. so wouldn't be bitten twice with Amazon
Denial is much more than a river ;)

http://www.shop.dronfieldcomputers.co.uk
User 2076081 Photo

11 posts

Are you sure you're referring to Amazon? I've never had issues with them, not even one. I've been dealing with them for more than a decade, too.

Paypal, on the other hand....well, that's a whole different story.

Have wonderful week, all!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.