Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 625650 Photo

12 posts

1. Include a progress indicator on each checkout page. No matter how many steps in your checkout process, let customers know where they are in the process.

2. When an item is placed in the shopping cart, include a link back to the product page.

3. Add pictures inside the basket. Placing a thumbnail image of the product increases conversions by as much as 10 percent.

4. If possible, provide an estimated cost while visitors browse. They want to buy but want the answers to all their questions when they want them.

5. Shoppers should not have to wait until checkout to learn if a product is out of stock.

6. Include a prominent "Next Step" or "Continue With Checkout" button on each checkout page.

7. It should be simple to change quantities or options, or delete an item from the shopping cart.

8. If information is missing or filled out incorrectly during checkout, give a meaningful error message that's obvious to see.

User 449453 Photo

7 posts

I needed a second shopping cart with the SAME items in it for club members who receive different discount than non-members. I was happy to see that I could save the existing cart out under a new name and WATCH the software create my much needed second cart instantly.

I opened the second cart and adjusted the prices and uploaded within 12 minutes.

This SPEED is what I've been looking for! It lets me get back to my work FAST.

I would love to see a global SALE function installed in the next update. Where I can select to put the entire shop on sale at once with just one entry.
Teriann Shrum
Kitty Kitty Designs, LLC
www.pixiesrule.com
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Ahh! I have been swinging between going alone and this software. If you do not create a Add toCart button in Paypal it cannot control inventory. But I am exploring a option of this.
A customer clicks on a Add to cart Button (Also allowing CreditCard use without having a Paypal account). I have got that far. Now if a button is created outside of Paypal then there is no inventory control.

What I am working on is that when a customer completes a transaction and is returned to a success url that url has an onload command that deletes the page that sent the customer to the checkout. That will stop a second customer buying the same product. I have trialed the PHP Unlink command so it is just a matter of arranging the page structure now. The system has to be unsupervised for days perhaps. I am retired and may no be around daily.

The reaon I am suggesting this is that I wish to set up a shop like a online Garage Sale to sell stuff I no longer want.

This shop Builder is still the most easy to use as to do it page by page is time consuming. I will set up my own shop as getting traffic is the same whatever system is used but I for one would like to use the ease of this system. If I was selling one or more I would go for it straight away. If I was selling 1000's I would have it set up for me.

I have given away the Zen Cart as although it does everything someone would ever need, it for me is overkill and not pracical.

So! I know I am only one person and do not really count but although I will drop in from time to time to find out if the one only sale for one only existing item plus a Paypal account optional, is accounted for I am forced to go it alone.

I have just created a Add to Cart creation program for myself all I have to do is create the unlinking of the sending button after sale and it will work perfectly
I may add it to my software applications I sell.

CC beat me to it for the small user and I will ditch my project in producing a simple online store.

The prototype is up at http://mrtworld.com I bought a domain to test my system and using my existing host site.

I still keep coming back here as I bought Form Builder and absoluly love it, I use it and it saves heaps of time.

I am hoping that this software will do the same thing for me eventually. If I finish what I am working on and I hope I do not have to spend the time it will be a viable alternative for need like mine.

I am modifying a program I sold a few years ago called WebMaxster it was an automatic page producer for the click through trade.

Its amazing how the world goes round. CC Pleas,e I prefer your approach
I will have the automatic page producer finished in a couple of weeks. The button creator is already finished. I do not raly want to get involved in this but the overriding drawcard for me is the sale of one off item when only one item exists.

I will see if you solve the problem before me.
The Guy from OZ

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Solved it. Any payment method including pick up. One off inventry control. Simple page creation from templates including auto linking.

Populating site http://mrtworld.com
The Guy from OZ

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We want your ideas, suggestions, and comments about CoffeeCup Shopping Cart Creator. So tell us: How can we make the software even better? Remember, our products are here for you guys, so we want to make them the very best we can :)

There are already a few threads running that you should look first:

A must read for all Shopping Cart users:
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/coffeec … eator-v35/

Software Tips and Tricks:
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/coffeec … nd-tricks/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 512769 Photo

39 posts

One suggestion:

On the "Your Cart" page the products subtotal and then shipping is applied with the title being "Shipping Method" which is fine.

Next the taxes are applied...but the title for this item is "Shipping Destination".

I understand where you were going with this as taxes are applied based upon destination shipped to, but to the average customer it looks like they are being charged shipping twice and no taxes....

can you change the title to

"taxes based upon destination" instead of "shipping destination"?

for now as a work around I have changed the line item text in edit locations in the tax preferences field to explain what the title should.

rosey
User 1852803 Photo

13 posts

This may have been already asked for elsewhere.

I understand shoppingcart Pro is in the pipeline. It has been mentioned that an option for different colours may be included.
In our case we sell wedding shoes and gowns which obviously come in different sizes. our problem is dialogue for the size requirement. If this could be added at the View cart stage it would make things far simpler for us.

www.bluebellsbridal.co.uk/shop (project ongoing)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Michael Pocock wrote:
This may have been already asked for elsewhere.

I understand shoppingcart Pro is in the pipeline. It has been mentioned that an option for different colours may be included.
In our case we sell wedding shoes and gowns which obviously come in different sizes. our problem is dialogue for the size requirement. If this could be added at the View cart stage it would make things far simpler for us.

www.bluebellsbridal.co.uk/shop (project ongoing)

Yes, it is our goal to offer that functionality in the Pro version.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1881687 Photo

68 posts

HI
as already mentioned, one important thing would be to stop buying after the sale of an individual and unique piece.
A lot of this littel ecommerce, have to sell 1 unique pieces.
example:
if on the same day, two different people buying the same (and only) product?
If I am out of the office can not intervene to remove the item from the ecommerce .....
I think this is very important.

Another important thing:
The ability to determine the cost and the weight for every item sold.

hi to all

Fabio
User 389264 Photo

337 posts

My wish list, I understand that some of these features will likely require the purchase of the pro version which I'll gladly buy

o Item ID field
o Sub-categories and a choice as to how far down into sub-categories the category drop-down would show
o In-site search
o Shipping discount for multiple purchases
o A condition field, i.e., new, used, to kept Google Base happy
o A way to submit shop to Google Base
o Title, item ID and image showing up with site mapper

Oh yes, and World peace!

Thanks more to come as I think about it,

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.