Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

magic wrote:
I suggest that pricing issues such as minimum quantity, price and discount matrix etc. should be at least at the level of a standard invoicing system.

The pro version is an ongoing project and new features will be added in future releases, based on direct feedback from users when the program is actually released.

As with all software, the pro version will not be all things to all people, but within its proposed price band it will most definitely outshine the competition.
User 429655 Photo

8 posts

Three suggestions:

First, I work with a couple of organizations that have several levels of membership, which Shopping Cart Creator can easily handle. But they want an additional "product" that allows the visitor to donate money. The visitor should be able to set the amount of the donation, in effect determining the price of the item. I ran into this on my site when I wanted to add a gift certificate. I could only do it in fixed denominations, like gift cards.

Second, there is a limit (5, I think) of customization categories for each product (size, color, etc.). Expanding that would be helpful in several cases I've encountered.

Third, a good integration with Forms Designer would be helpful. I have encountered cases where sending information to the company (bypassing PayPal) would be useful. It's possible to embed a form on a static page, maybe, but I haven't figured out how.
User 429655 Photo

8 posts

One design that integrates a form would be nice. I have a couple of organizations that want to gather membership information (name, address, e-mail, phone, other custom stuff) and then let the person select membership levels at different prices and then check out. At checkout, the form information would be e-mailed back to the organzation, bypassing PayPal, of course, because they don't need it.
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

You will see a much more robust application with shopping cart pro when it is released, which should be soon.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

OMG... I am not even sure if I remember what this thread is about after reading all the way through!
I seem to recall suggestions - right?

Only just started messing about with cart creator and for a number of reasons - don't matter kinds of reasons - I choose to save my latest shop changes etc. for upload through an external ftp.

What is really getting my goat is that the program is not remembering where I am saving for the upload and I have to wade my way through all the mountains of stuff and folders and directories etc.etc. before I find my chosen folder again.

Can we please have a sort of preferences setting as in the HTML Editor which remembers which directory I am working with?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Buckley Jeppson wrote:
Three suggestions:

First, I work with a couple of organizations that have several levels of membership, which Shopping Cart Creator can easily handle. But they want an additional "product" that allows the visitor to donate money. The visitor should be able to set the amount of the donation, in effect determining the price of the item. I ran into this on my site when I wanted to add a gift certificate. I could only do it in fixed denominations, like gift cards.

Second, there is a limit (5, I think) of customization categories for each product (size, color, etc.). Expanding that would be helpful in several cases I've encountered.

Third, a good integration with Forms Designer would be helpful. I have encountered cases where sending information to the company (bypassing PayPal) would be useful. It's possible to embed a form on a static page, maybe, but I haven't figured out how.

Hiya Buckley,

You can easily add a PayPal donation button to the pages by just inserting the code using the HTML tool on the toolbar above each pages empty space. Just press the button, insert the code you want to use (only the code for the actual item you want to add, no HTML or Body tags etc.)

You can do exactly the same thing with the Form Builder forms by using the HTML tool on the toolbar. Just insert the code and it should be good to go when you upload it. Keep in mind that you won't see the form on the page in the program, only the code with the needed braces on the outside of it.

Here's a link to something that might help and let us know if that didn't help and you need more assistance for putting code on your pages :)
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/shoppin … post118868
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Buckley Jeppson wrote:
One design that integrates a form would be nice. I have a couple of organizations that want to gather membership information (name, address, e-mail, phone, other custom stuff) and then let the person select membership levels at different prices and then check out. At checkout, the form information would be e-mailed back to the organzation, bypassing PayPal, of course, because they don't need it.

Hiya again Buckley :P

Doesn't sound like you need a shopping cart here at all, just a simple form you can create with the Form Builder. Keep it Simple :)
User 389264 Photo

337 posts
Online Now

Doesn't sound like you need a shopping cart here at all, just a simple form you can create with the Form Builder. Keep it Simple

Or a simple website. Long before CCSC I created a website using cuteSITEbuilder, www.universal-expressions.com. I have great control over the look of the site. I worked hard to make it into a sort of cart by building parent child relationship between categories and sub-categories. I would add a PayPal button and view cart button. Some of the design request I read here seem, IMO, to go belong what a shopping cart should be.

My requirements are simple and I've listed then many time. Too many requests for program enhancements, again IMO, that go beyond an ecommerce software may be contributing to the time it's taking to release Pro.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

People making suggestions for features within Cart Creator have no real impact on the release date of the pro version Sally, as the feature set for its initial release has been defined. :) Even within future versions of both the basic and forthcoming pro versions there will be limitation on the feature sets that form the core program, otherwise you end up with features that many people will never use and a complexity of use that will benefit nobody.
User 389264 Photo

337 posts
Online Now

Thanks WILL, and here I was hoping that it would have a build in feature that would wash dishes and take out the trash.;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.