Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 2011548 Photo

3 posts

Is there a way to disable the "add to cart feature", and not showing the price?

I want to use SCC to make a catalog web site, not showing price, and not allowing purchasing.

Cheers.
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Leung Hang Chan wrote:
Is there a way to disable the "add to cart feature", and not showing the price?

I want to use SCC to make a catalog web site, not showing price, and not allowing purchasing.

Cheers.

Not with the current software. No idea if its a planned feature at a later date....but a few have asked for it.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 515168 Photo

20 posts

Hey - I just purchased SCC 3.7 and find it's pretty easy. I've browsed through the forums but had a few questions please:

1. When do you think SCC Pro will come out?
2. Could it include a shipping discount for multiple items?
3. Any chance it could include some sort of report for sales (like end of month, # of items sold, etc.)?

I may have more questions once I get into this a bit more. I'm still building.

Thanks for the great products!

Mark
Mark Moore
NC Youth Soccer Deputy Director
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Mark wrote:
Hey - I just purchased SCC 3.7 and find it's pretty easy. I've browsed through the forums but had a few questions please:

1. When do you think SCC Pro will come out?
2. Could it include a shipping discount for multiple items?
3. Any chance it could include some sort of report for sales (like end of month, # of items sold, etc.)?

I may have more questions once I get into this a bit more. I'm still building.

Thanks for the great products!

Mark

1. There is no time frame on the pro version. However, we know they are done with the programming and are currently working on the docs.
2. I believe will be on the pro or on a subsequent update.
3. That's a great idea. I have no clue.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

I would like a warning message each time you click publish to say:
    Have you checked your server settings?
    Have you checked your payment details?

When you have multiple shops it is very easy to upload one shop over another if you don't remember to check both these settings before upload each time.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

@tassietiger, lol, guess what I did the other day.. :rolleyes: I was using ftp and uploaded an index page to the wrong site and didn't know till 2 hours later.. nice JOB duuu-ave

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Well I've managed to upload one shop over the other several times and the biggest oops was updating my own shops after uploading one for a customer and ending up with their Paypal account details in my shop. Didn't notice that one for a week or so! Luckily no sales...or maybe there were and I didn't hear about it... so easy to do!

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

I'm on a roll today....I would like to be able to upload more items to shopping cart. I'm getting dangerously close to the 1500 items...so would be good to have an increased limit :D

User 345577 Photo

373 posts

I would like a warning message each time you click publish to say:

Have you checked your server settings?
Have you checked your payment details?

Saw this yesterday and muttered to myself, 'No, no!! Don't waste my time with silly warning messages like this!' :cool:

I hate it when programs ask "Are you sure?", "Are you sure you're sure?", "Really, now?", "Ok, if you insist..." before performing a desired task.

Then, not 10 minutes after reading your post, I did it, too -- uploaded a shop with the wrong settings for payment and server! :rolleyes:

In my case, I didn't even intend to publish the shop - I wanted to preview it, but was a little careless with the mouse position when I clicked it!! Yeesh... talk about wasting time! :(

Anyway, I'm obviously now on the same page with you tassietiger, however I would like to suggest something a little different:

Why not store these parameters in the scc file for each shop, so that the correct payment and server information is loaded each time you open that shop's file, and you're not asked two more questions every time you want to upload?
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Yes that would work too as long as the first time when you set up your shop it prompts you to add those details or has them blank so you don't accidentally use the settings of any previous shop.

And yes you have to do it yourself at least once to appreciate how annoying it is :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.