Post your Shops here! - Page 56 -...

User 184085 Photo

Ambassador
1,707 posts

Motty wrote:

Most of the work I do requires very low poly count for game engines

Have you done any work for Flight Simulator X?
Volunteering to help :)
http://www.tbaygeek.ca
My HTML play area
http://www.tbaygeek.ca/test/
User 2110894 Photo

79 posts

After a learning curve I have managed to get my site and shop where I am (at least for the moment!) satisfied on how it looks. Still learning though of course. Main objective was to get it up and running for today as we had a big dog festival we attended and wanted to make sure site was up and ready for people to contact us afterwards and to shop at later date. In time I am sure I wil keep tweaking how it looks and aways adding more products as we get them ready. Unfortunately I didn't plan ahead for what I wanted and needed for software so basically bought most of the software individually whereas I would have saved more if bought the bundles.

shop: jdmwood4u.com
Main site: jdmwood4u.ca
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Looks great Mikwd, nice site and I'm thinking when the Pro version of SCC is out you can categorize your cats and dogs a lot more making it even more fun to navigate. Good luck on it, great work :)
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Hi Mikwd. The silhouettes look extremely effective against the white backdrop, which gives them an almost 3D effect.

I know that the site is under development, but the one thing that is missing is the item description. Potential purchasers currently have no way of knowing what material they are made of, whether they are rigid or flexible in their construction and whether they can safely be used outside without UV degradation, or what the estimated lifespan is if used outside, I also have no idea to their use, or where I would situate them. The more information you put on there, the higher your sales conversion rate. :)

You also need some basic information on your cart page or elsewhere about your shipping methods. That is especially so for international orders. You should put information on other pages of your site about your trading terms and conditions, anticipated despatch times and your returns policies. Most countries have online commerce directives, which is a basic legal requirement for mandatory information on a web site.

Despite the above comments, the products themselves look very good though. :cool:
User 2110894 Photo

79 posts

THANKS Jo Ann and Will for your comments and advice! I am currently adding another category to the shop. Will.. I have been telling my one business partner( my dad lol) that we have to get pictures on the site as no one would know what it was the silhouettes were for. He said it was obvious (to HIM!) lol. Then again he barely knows how to even get to his email. Looking at just the black and white no one knows what they made out of or what they can be used for, whether on paper, online, or elsewise. I now do have a gallery up in main part of site that helps show what they really look like. I will state then on Shop main page too.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Mikwd wrote:
Will.. I have been telling my one business partner( my dad lol) that we have to get pictures on the site as no one would know what it was the silhouettes were for. He said it was obvious (to HIM!) lol.

You can now tell your dad that at least one person originally thought they were self adhesive vinyl graphics. :) As to what they are for, I am sure that the people that purchase have their own defined plans as to how they will deploy them.?

Folks buying online have none of the advantages of someone purchasing an item 'in the flesh'. They can't take a 360 degree view, they can't touch, taste or smell any online item (irrespective of what folks are actually selling). A good description helps bridge that gap. :cool:
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Virtually all changes get overwritten in the css file when you update the shop. Although an over simplification of the way the process works, when you update your shop, it compares file sizes between the ones on your computer and the ones on your web server. Changing the values of a couple of digits in the code 'shouldn't' affect that process, but Cart Creator is quite quirky in the way that it operates, so try it out and see what happens :cool:

When the pro version (yes we're all still waiting) finally gets released, having control over image sizes will need to be addressed in future versions. I would eventually like to see a mouse over zoom for the thumbnails, the javascript coding for which, isn't that difficult.

I thought the default.css file was defined by the shopping cart designer (or pro) and not the shopping cart creator? I would think the only time default.css was changed in the creator, is if you chose a different theme for your shop? Maybe I am wrong on this. Would not be the first time :) I will have to keep an eye out when I do the updates to the site in the shopping cart creator to make sure my images don't change sizes.

Thanks,

Kim

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Cart Designer creates a theme for Cart Creator to use Kim. Cart Creator uploads all the files to your web space to create the working shop. From my experiments if you make hard coding changes to the css files on your web space, they get overwritten when the shop updates. :rolleyes:

If you think about it, if you change the theme in the shop itself (or indeed most other things), Cart Creator has to compare with what is already on the web space to what is on your pc so it only uploads what is different. If it sees a 'different' css file or other elements they appear to get replaced?? :mad:
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Cart Designer creates a theme for Cart Creator to use Kim. Cart Creator uploads all the files to your web space to create the working shop. From my experiments if you make hard coding changes to the css files on your web space, they get overwritten when the shop updates. :rolleyes:

If you think about it, if you change the theme in the shop itself (or indeed most other things), Cart Creator has to compare with what is already on the web space to what is on your pc so it only uploads what is different. If it sees a 'different' css file or other elements they appear to get replaced?? :mad:

Okay so the Cart Creator is creating the default.css file based on the theme parameters created in the Cart Designer, I got it, now. Thanks Will :D

User 298493 Photo

19 posts

It is so simple to create a shopping cart with CC. One of the stores I created is http://dancerdecals.com I am currently working on another site for all my decals at http://www.havasudecals.com

Thank you Coffee Cup for a great product!
"If you always do what you always did, then you will always get what you always got."

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.