Post your Shops here! - Page 53 -...

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Scott Campbell wrote:
Very new to this. Will be using local spot television to advertise.

THIS IS SAFE FOR WORK!

www.enthusiGASM.com

Hi Scott. The music belting out at full blast when site loads is a real bad idea. Much better to give visitors the opportunity to choose to listen. :mad:
User 2040015 Photo

6 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Scott Campbell wrote:
Very new to this. Will be using local spot television to advertise.

THIS IS SAFE FOR WORK!

www.enthusiGASM.com

Hi Scott. The music belting out at full blast when site loads is a real bad idea. Much better to give visitors the opportunity to choose to listen. :mad:

Thanks. I replaced the video with our TV commercial. Most that visit the site come directly from our television commecial. The music matches so it's not too abrupt. If someone lands on the site while simply surfing, it will probably be too abrupt; however, these visits rarely end in a sale anyway.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Much better.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Spacedust wrote:
Have a peek! http://www.madelinejude.com

I'm still adding content, copy, etc.

I used the "tie a ribbon" theme and modified 4 files:
styler.css
product.inc.php
nav_bg.jpg
body_bg.jpg

Thanks,
Albert

I really like your site. I think it's easy to navigate, clean & stylish.

You mention the Tie A Ribbon theme. I have searched through all my themes (with SCC & Designer Pro) + all the themes available for purchase and I don't seem to be able to find it. Is it a theme only available with another software program from Coffee Cup?

Thanks!
User 389264 Photo

337 posts

User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

Only place I see Tie a Ribbon theme is on this page at the bottom, but does it work for shop cart?

https://www.coffeecup.com/store/themes/?page=32

User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

A shop I built for an Artist

http://www.wildwindart.com

I used the Designer Pro for creating my own template and then ran the template into shopping cart. My client has her own shopping cart software and can use it to update her products on her own.

Kim

User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Thank you Kim. I don't have the software for the Tie A Ribbon theme, so I will have to search around the other themes you can purchase.

I love the green background in the theme you designed. It's a similar look to the Tie A Ribbon theme. How do you guys manage such a nice background? :D
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

You can purchase licences to use cool backgrounds from various websites. I use istockphoto.com, dreamstime.com and bigstockphoto.com. Once my customers pick out their color theme, I just go look for backgrounds and then get the customer to approve which one. Then I can do my graphics from there, keeping the color tones the way I like.

These type of sites you buy credits and the graphics will all have different prices for different sizes. Some of the sites have a time limit too, so if you buy extra credits make sure you use them before they expire.

When you search for backgrounds try using words like seamless or tile. You want to make sure that you can load a smaller image format and that it will be seamless when it is applied to the background.

:)

User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Thank you for the information Kim. Once I get my website all fixed up re: photos and descriptions, I will take some serious time learning about design! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.