Post your Shops here! - Page 51 -...

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Yea! Its working! Well done!
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 5530 Photo

15 posts

Mine is www.mmtreasurenet.com and you can see my old cart and my new one via separate links from the home page. The Coffee Cup cart direct address is

www.mmtreasurenet.com/mmtn

Sharon
M&M TreasureNet
Sharon
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Just put together this one which was basically a copy of the first one I did but had to take on board the styling for a different site.
So here is the shop
http://www.venicedigital.com/shopitaly/index.php
which took the styling from this site
http://www.mattiabeninati.com/index.html
but this time I could not mess around with the original site to make it fit better with the shop. Also the font I used for the header in the original site is not available with the shopping cart.
Am just getting around now to translating some of the new shop content for my Italian audience so there is still work to do on it.
User 2062767 Photo

166 posts

dave beall wrote:
@Jo Ann, the hacks are very easy to do and can be done even when asleep at the keyboard.
In my file I keep a modified copy of
css/default.css
css/colorbox.css
js/colorbox.js
ccdata/data/cart.inc.php

:

Hi Dave,
Call me thick but I can't do it asleep, awake or otherwise! I have tried to modify loads of ways but nothing works!

Please tell me how you got your https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_xpressCheckout.gif button to point to your checkoutpps.php page?

I want my customers to fill in a form before going to PayPal. I am trying to take the https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_xpressCheckout.gif button out of the cart.php (like you have on your checkoutpps.php page & put it in after the form is filled in.

Any ideas.

Sue

www.heylisflorist.co.uk - My Florist Shop.
www.woodentopstoys.co.uk - My Wooden Toy Shop.

I use CoffeeCup HTML Editor, WIS, Direct ftp, Sitemapper, Website Insite & RED Personal to create my websites.

Send your parcels with Despatch Bay! Signup using this code and get £10.00 worth of free shipping http://despatchbaypro.com/s/1H431
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Janys,

Looks like you have them integrated pretty well, just need the tightening up of the visual part so they are closer but it looks really nice. Not sure if it will allow you to use the images you're using for the menu buttons or not in the shop as it seems to be more setup for continual things on the vertical menu, but I haven't looked real close at the themes available yet to see if any of them have vertical separate images or not.

One thing you might want to consider is taking that image and creating a full length menu image with the white space between the buttons so it's one long image for the whole menu and then just placing it as the menu image in the Designer and adjusting the menu accordingly so it lines up correctly. You could probably take a screen shot of the current menu so you can get the buttons spaced out correctly etc.

If you do it make sure to add a few extra buttons to it (or more) for any additional menu items you may add in the future so that it will have the images already there for them.

Not sure if this will do the trick, but it's just a suggestion :)
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

@sue, not calling anyone thick,
:| I am usually half-asleep at the keyboard(too many hours & too many irons in the fire)
- answering questions here and drupal forums, many web sites in the works, testing open source stuff and working on boats in my shop...

the shop I made is mostly all default, other than a colorbox hack(opacity and overlay color), theme hack (to force categories menu to stay open or expanded), and cart.inc hack(to remove the options text from cart page)

I can't think of anything I have done to change the behavior of the paypal button.

User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

@sue, I do see one thing that might be different, the checkoutpps.php page is not there during 'preview', but is functional after publishing the store to a server.
..do you have a URL for your store?

I use wamp for local testing and generally save my shop for server to a wamp folder.
When i open a store in wamp, the page works from the paypal button.

User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Jo.. which of the shops are you talking about? The one with the orange buttons and lots of graphics I have already tried using the buttons but they won't fit. On the other hand, In the black site, there are no buttons for the menu but only an unordered list. As I said.. for various reasons I cannot touch that photography site (even though I built it) as the photographer doesn't want it touched... so until I can make adjustments to the width of the shop, things must stay as they are.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

the venice one Janys. Yeah I realize it's not easy to do and I was referring to what you should do in the SCD Pro program to accomodate a graphic behind the menu to simulate the orange images behind the menu on the Home page. Could be done using an image you combine the orange button areas and the white with and create a long menu background that "looks" like orange buttons that you put the links over by adjusting the sizing of the menu etc. Just a thought since it won't let you put separate buttons in for each menu item.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

ok. I am with you now.
The home page will eventually not link into that other site, but remain in the same place. Right now I am having some problems with the program which I am trying to sort so have been unable to get in and make those changes. In the end, even though the content will be more or less the same, there will be no direct connection between the two sites and stores.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.